Dell Inspiron 3650 Gaming Computer Review

I got this dell for Christmas, i was excited. i hooked it up and it ran like a dream. this computer is one of the last OEM computers that comes with windows 7. This model came with 16 GB of memory (DDR3), an Intel i7 6700 (not k), AMD Radeon HD R9 360 (2GB gddr5) (similar to Radeon R7 360), Dell motherboard with bulit-in WiFi and Bluetooth, 2TB 7200 RPM Segate Hard Drive, and a cheap laptop disk drive that forgets whats inside of it after a few minutes. i'll start with the os, it came with windows 7 pro, it booted in 15 seconds for a few days. dell gave me a copy windows 10 pro on disc if i wanted to upgrade. the video card is pretty good, it ran games on high settings without dropping to 40 fps. the first few days with the pc, the videocard made a heavy grinding sound but it went away. if your worried about temps, then you may need fan control from msi afterburner. i tried overclocking this puppy, but it never reached the higher MHz, i think the amd software doesn't want me to unofficially overclock. i dont know what to say about the i7, it never slowed down. yes this pc can handle 1080p 60fps youtube videos without temps getting hot. the videocard always gets hotter then the i7, but the i7 has a small cooler then the video-card. if you want to add a 2nd hard drive or disk drive, well you cant, unless you buy a new power suppy. the hard drive and disk drive run power from the motherboard, i find no other connectors on the power supply. the disk drive feels super fragile, you have to use both hands to insert a disk or you'll feel like your breaking the drive or bending the disc. if i played a movie then paused for a few minutes, the disk drive forgets what disc is inside of it. windows would always say "please insert a disc". to make the disk drive not forget, you have to make the disk drive active. it took 10 minutes for my pc to find the driver for the dell keyboard that came with the pc. the driver wasn't on dells website.  you could only get through windows updates and at the time, windows updates was frozen. the hard disk was fast, i did research on these 7200 rpm hard drives, they say this hard drives are great for programs and operating systems but not great for storing large files. the pc came with 5.1 audio but you have to use the mic in and line in ports as rear speaker and sub-woofer/center ports. the maxxaudio manager made the speakers sound alot better, this was dell's custom version of realtek. if you have more than 1 monitor, the computer doesn't know which monitor is the primary and duplicates the image on all screens, if you boot into windows, then the screens become different. this computer was designed for people who want a powerful gaming pc in a compact case. in august my dad got this for $550 on the official dell website, he said he got a Hugh discount from the rewards program that he sign'ed up for. now this runs from $899 to $1199 on dells website. the prices change fast on this. if you want the amd videocard, you can find these cards on ebay for $70, used. the videocard gets power from the motherboard. im not sponsored by dell

pc link: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-3650-desktop/ddclot223b

amd r9 360 2gb:  goo.gl/NXvYwu

amd r9 360 2gb specs:  https://goo.gl/yCvDcR (click on 300 series)

"view basic info" page: http://i.imgur.com/lY74pmJ.png

windows experience index score: http://i.imgur.com/HcX14f4.png

dell over prices there computers these days, you'll have to be lucky to find a dell computer for a good price

1 minute ago, CassetteTapeBoy2017 said:

dell over prices there computers these days, you'll have to be lucky to find a dell computer for a good price

dell laptops are awesome desktops are jokes

5 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

tldr not worth the money 

For $550, it's not actually too bad you know :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

dell laptops are awesome desktops are jokes

it isnt a bad value for $550, but $800 is a joke. 

6700 is $299

RAM maybe $80

GPU $70

HDD $80

$20 more for a case, PSU, etc isnt bad

idk