Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ivanrcks95

My ultra budget build.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So this has been a recent build of mine, made on an extreme budget but still capable of gaming. Some highlights, 
 

Core i5 6400

Gigabyte H110M-S2H

Gigabyte GTX 750ti OC edition (4GB ddr5 as shown in dxdiag) 
8gb DDR4 RAM at 2666mhz 

1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (for storage)
120gb Kingston SSD (for windows 10)
2005 HP compaq case (because free and stealth) 
Generic branded 650W power supply
Connected to a LG HD TV 24"
Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse
And a home made 2.1 system, using sony surround speakers with built in tweeters and a 12inch sub.

The system runs everything i have thrown at it at over 60fps on max settings, this is because the TV is only a 1366x768 60hz display, to me this doesnt bother me, the games and videos i watch on it still look fantastic and clear, but at the same time it doesnt stress in running any modern or old title on maxed out settings. In total, including TV and everything else, the system is below 650$, definitely room to make better though, and im more than happy to take any advise or criticism that comes my way haha.

 



 

20170107_200538.jpg

20170107_200556.jpg

20170106_104924.jpg

20170107_200615.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, AleksanderK said:

Total cost?

As stated above, everything you see in the picture was 648$, PC+TV+Keyboard and mouse and my 2.1 system.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ivanrcks95 said:

As stated above, everything you see in the picture was 648$, PC+TV+Keyboard and mouse and my 2.1 system.

 

Oh, sorry, didn't notice the price above

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2017 at 7:29 PM, ivanrcks95 said:

So this has been a recent build of mine, made on an extreme budget but still capable of gaming. Some highlights, 
 

Core i5 6400

Gigabyte H110M-S2H

Gigabyte GTX 750ti OC edition (4GB ddr5 as shown in dxdiag) 
8gb DDR4 RAM at 2666mhz 

1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (for storage)
120gb Kingston SSD (for windows 10)
2005 HP compaq case (because free and stealth) 
Generic branded 650W power supply
Connected to a LG HD TV 24"
Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse
And a home made 2.1 system, using sony surround speakers with built in tweeters and a 12inch sub.

The system runs everything i have thrown at it at over 60fps on max settings, this is because the TV is only a 1366x768 60hz display, to me this doesnt bother me, the games and videos i watch on it still look fantastic and clear, but at the same time it doesnt stress in running any modern or old title on maxed out settings. In total, including TV and everything else, the system is below 650$, definitely room to make better though, and im more than happy to take any advise or criticism that comes my way haha.

 



 

20170107_200538.jpg

20170107_200556.jpg

20170106_104924.jpg

20170107_200615.jpg

Extreme budget? And then it costs 638? That is kinda expensive for extreme budget. But nice setup and pc!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LazyPigeon said:

Extreme budget? And then it costs 638? That is kinda expensive for extreme budget. But nice setup and pc!

Yeah, I have a PC that cost me like €87, LGA 775 though, so maybe an extreme budget skylake gaming system.


Yours faithfully

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

yeah I guess a better tittle would be a budget skylake gaming system, however, without the other accessories the actual pc was only 400$

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Fair enough, has anyone actually had issues with modern generic psus though? its the one topic i never really paid a lot of attention on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 1/12/2017 at 8:23 PM, LinusTechLips said:

I got the same DVD rom xD

hahaha, 2005 hardware represent!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2017 at 6:21 PM, ivanrcks95 said:

Fair enough, has anyone actually had issues with modern generic psus though? its the one topic i never really paid a lot of attention on.

I have this officemate that built a rig with a generic PSU bundled with the case. In just about 3 months, his system got fried because the power supply suddenly sparked.

 

Maybe, you'll lessen the risk of that happening if you don't use your computer almost 24/7 but I'll be more confident with a branded PSU. And the big bonus of a quality PSU is that you can upgrade every other component in your rig and still re-use the PSU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 8:49 PM, LazyPigeon said:

Extreme budget? And then it costs 638? That is kinda expensive for extreme budget. But nice setup and pc!

Considering he got everything for that price, speakers and stuff included. It's not all that bad however I agree it's not "ultra budget".

 

Well done though, OP. 


Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

 

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

 

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Thanks for all the reviews guys, i try my best with what i have haha, slight update on the rig. It is now rocking a MSI GTX 1050ti, a much better card in my opinion and with my testing and benchmarks has given about a 35% increase over the 750ti so very happy with it. Maybe soon this will evolve into a proper build rather than a budget one haha. 

20170303_141450.jpg

20170303_141500.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Also following the feedback received, i have swapped out my generic PSU for a branded one, a EVGA 500W PSU, definitely looks the part and performance is almost irrelevant considering how much quieter this new unit is. 

20170307_134137.jpg

20170307_134347.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×