Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anassagora69

What monitor should i get?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

cheap CPU for Crysis 3...put an overclocked core i7 and itll run much smoother...especially with freesync.

Okay give me a loan of a million dollar, I will make a PC that can run Crysis 3 more than 200fps

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Okay give me a loan of a million dollar, I will make a PC that can run Crysis 3 more than 200fps

Also is this 1080P and what anti-aliasing setting?


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Also is this 1080P and what anti-aliasing setting?

16x

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Okay give me a loan of a million dollar, I will make a PC that can run Crysis 3 more than 200fps

ay lmao that game tho, btw yeah about what i wrote earlier srry for being a noob but i have a gtx 210 and an old i5 processor so idk anything about what i should buy and now that i have this 1300 budget im not sure how to spend it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Also is this 1080P and what anti-aliasing setting?

dropped to 4x later

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

16x

well...there you go...

i bet you i can run crysis 3 on this machine at 60FPS+ with 98% of the visual fidelity...


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anassagora69 said:

Gow much did ur setup cost? if you dont mind me asking.

its years of upgrading...selling the old CPU buying a new one...selling older GPU buying new one...overall i would say monitor was 900$CAD GPU 800$CAD CPU board and ram 460$CAD etc. with money in return for AMD FX chip and board, 24'' 1080p monitor, GTX780 etc

wife dealing fine with it...i buy.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

its years of upgrading...selling the old CPU buying a new one...selling older GPU buying new one...overall i would say monitor was 900$CAD GPU 800$CAD CPU board and ram 460$CAD etc. with money in return for AMD FX chip and board, 24'' 1080p monitor, GTX780 etc

wife dealing fine with it...i buy.

Ohh im only 15 so idk anything about dealing with wifes haha, yet i know what dealing with moms is like....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anassagora69 said:

Ohh im only 15 so idk anything about dealing with wifes haha, yet i know what dealing with moms is like....

ive been there the first PC gaming experience i had was on dad's pc i bought a 4mb matrox M3d accelerator for it to play quake open GL and since then im hooked this is my 4th platform, 3rd brand new computer...i realized the imprtance of a good monitor about a year ago and since ive always loved pc tech and gaming always been a competitive player mostly 1st person shooters and racing sims.

i have had most consoles from 8bits to PS3 as well...wiiU...but PC gaming is the nirvana.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

ive been there the first gaming experience i had was on dad's pc i bought a 4mb matrox M3d accelerator for it to play quake open GL and since then im hooked this is my 4th platform, 3rd brand new computer...i realized the imprtance of a good monitor about a year ago and since ive always loved pc tech and gaming always been a competitive player mostly 1st person shooters and racing sims.

Wow that's amazing, a mini linus haha, i omstly play league (ik dont laugh) cause with a gtx 210 u cant even play csgo at low setting at more than 20 fps

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anassagora69 said:

Wow that's amazing, a mini linus haha, i omstly play league (ik dont laugh) cause with a gtx 210 u cant even play csgo at low setting at more than 20 fps

league of legends will run on max settings at 160FPS on 1440p even with a GTX 960...just saying.

but i guess you want to play newer titles on great fidelity settings in which case a 1300$ box and a 400$ monitor will give you good return IMHO.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

ive been there the first gaming experience i had was on dad's pc i bought a 4mb matrox M3d accelerator for it to play quake open GL and since then im hooked this is my 4th platform, 3rd brand new computer...i realized the imprtance of a good monitor about a year ago and since ive always loved pc tech and gaming always been a competitive player mostly 1st person shooters and racing sims.

btw idk why i used "mini", although do you have any tips for gaming, like a special mouse or keyboard?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

league of legends will run on max settings at 160FPS on 1440p even with a GTX 960...just saying.

but i guess you want to play newer titles on great fidelity settings in which case a 1300$ box and a 400$ monitor will give you good return IMHO.

Ohh yeah ofc even Wow at max settings is hard to run, but yeah i want to play TF1 COD Crysis Csgo Doom etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anassagora69 said:

btw idk why i used "mini", although do you have any tips for gaming, like a special mouse or keyboard?

i use razer mice and keyboard im old school apparently there are better stuff out there for the money now i love my deathadder chroma but maybe you should open a thread in ''peripherals'' sub section with your budget and location...sry :P


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anassagora69 said:

Ohh yeah ofc even Wow at max settings is hard to run, but yeah i want to play TF1 COD Crysis Csgo Doom etc

may i suggest Dying Light and rise of the tomb raider and battlefield 1 if you like shooters the game is excellent those are IMHO the best tittles from 2015/2016.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i use razer mice and keyboard im old school apparently there are better stuff out there for the money now i love my deathadder chroma but maybe you should open a thread in ''peripherals'' sub section with your budget and location...sry :P

Ohh wow we match, i wanted to buy a razer deathadder elite and a black widow

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

may i suggest Dying Light and rise of the tomb raider and battlefield 1 if you like shooters the game is excellent those are IMHO the best tittles from 2015/2016.

Gotcha ill try them out, do you think my 1080 will handle it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anassagora69 said:

Ohh wow we match, i wanted to buy a razer deathadder elite and a black widow

i love razer products since the first mouse i bought back in 2006 they last a good 5 years of happy gaming and IMHO they are top notch but apparently they are somewhat ''overpriced'' against the competition these days but my deathadder has a very responsive sensor and i love my gaming experience with it...the shape IMHO is plain perfect and everything is amazing about it.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anassagora69 said:

Gotcha ill try them out, do you think my 1080 will handle it?

all max settings 2560x1440 80FPS...GTX 1080 is a beast...my 980ti is roughly 20 to 25% slower and it handle ultra settings fine.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

all max settings 2560x1440 80FPS...GTX 1080 is a beast...my 980ti is roughly 20 to 25% slower and it handle ultra settings fine.

Well ty vm, thanks for all the help, ima go sleep now it's 2:40 am and im kinda tired, thanks again!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anassagora69 said:

Well ty vm, thanks for all the help, ima go sleep now it's 2:40 am and im kinda tired, thanks again!!!

you're welcome feel free to PM if you want to further discuss or have more questions ;)

have a good night!


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×