Upgrade Help

Here are my current specs: 

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

CPU: AMD FX-4100

MBoard: ASRock 960GM-GS3FX

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Power: 300 or so watt dinosaur

I have been saving money for a while and have about 800 to spend at the moment with possibly 100-200 more coming in a few weeks, but I am pretty tight on money and I'm not sure Ill get any significant amount after that for a few months.  I was thinking of getting a GTX 1080 hybrid (https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Founders-Graphics-08G-P4-6180-KR/dp/B01M4FMZYI?th=1) and upgrading my power supply to match it.  I will have to get a motherboard that will work better with it for sure, but I am worried about bottlenecking with my cpu and other hardware. 

Any tips for someone who has never upgraded a PC before?  Is what I am doing sound?  Will I get any significant boost out of this upgrade but maybe have to upgrade CPU and RAM down the line or is this going to be a waste of money?  Thanks in advance!

Don't waste all your money on that one graphics card. Upgrade the rest of your build, because to be honest, it's mediocre.

With the $800 you have, make a new build. 

for 900-1000$ you can get a completely new PC (a good one too). Sell the old parts and get a bit more cash, then look at some builds around the amount you have.

That cpu will bottleneck a 1080 to death. Upgrade the cpu and board and add in like a 480 8gb 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P