Intel processor architectures tested clock-to-clock in gaming - results all over the place

37 minutes ago, ZothOmmog said:

I know, I was kind of more thinking out loud why they actually just went with dual and not quad, I do understand that quad might be more enthusiast grade component requirement but but.

Triple was a thing, maybe they could do that.

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

snip

well kinda it also depends on the memory speed because that plays a big role in bottleneck situations

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

well kinda it depends on the memory speed because that plays a big role in bottleneck situations

Still, the results from DigitalFoundry are nearly always accurate and trustworthy, they also just look more logical when you look at the difference between the CPUs IPC difference there

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

7 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Still, the results from DigitalFoundry are nearly always accurate and trustworthy, they also just look more logical when you look at the difference between the CPUs IPC difference there

The only point I'm trying to make is that numbers for ddr4 systems and ddr3 systems can be a little skewed due to the memory speed increase rather than the chip itself, not much mind you but a bit, and it is more prevalent in bottleneck situations like the ones digital foundry uses for CPU testing so they might want to give the memory speeds for the systems.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

The only point I'm trying to make is that numbers for ddr4 systems and ddr3 systems can be a little skewed due to the memory speed increase rather than the chip itself, no much mind you but a bit, and it is more prevalent in bottleneck situations like the ones digital foundry uses for CPU testing so they might want to give the memory speeds for the systems.

AFAIK they always try to test those CPUs at as similar specs as possible, meaning that if they compared an 7700K and a 2700K, they'd run DDR4 at 2400MHz and DDR3 at 2133MHz for the 2700K cause it'd be the maximum possible speed so it's safe to assume that it's as reliable as it gets

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

AFAIK they always try to test those CPUs at as similar specs as possible, meaning that if they compared an 7700K and a 2700K, they'd run DDR4 at 2400MHz and DDR3 at 2133MHz for the 2700K cause it'd be the maximum possible speed so it's safe to assume that it's as reliable as it gets

I don't see their systems listed in the video or on their website, which is pretty sketchy.

Do you have any source that they always try to test them with as similar components as possible?

I know that they sometimes show the memory frequency, but as far as I know they only do that when they are specifically testing with memory in mind.

3 hours ago, ZothOmmog said:

I know, I was kind of more thinking out loud why they actually just went with dual and not quad, I do understand that quad might be more enthusiast grade component requirement but but.

The memory controller costs more and it makes the motherboard more expensive because of the extra traces and power delivery needed.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

On 11/01/2017 at 8:19 PM, Fetzie said:

The memory controller costs more and it makes the motherboard more expensive because of the extra traces and power delivery needed.

Mmmkay.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.