ryzen motherboard

ok

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, Wolther said:

Ew. Gigabyte 

They make the only skylake consumer mobo so get out 

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

wut....

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Idk if I get the joke?

10 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

WUT?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Hopefully AMD doesn't mess this up like last time there was all this hype intel 7700k is nothing new over the 6700k so intel has gone from giving us 2%-5% to 0% improvements xD

1 minute ago, MekaStrix said:

Hopefully AMD doesn't mess this up like last time there was all this hype intel 7700k is nothing new over the 6700k so intel has gone from giving us 2%-5% to 0% improvements xD

Kaby Lake was never hyped in the first place, I recall posts in here since late november already stating that Kaby Lake would be nothing more than a polished Skylake. Ryzen on the other hand has been hyped so much by fans and AMD themselves.......

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Kaby Lake was never hyped in the first place, I recall posts in here since late november already stating that Kaby Lake would be nothing more than a polished Skylake. Ryzen on the other hand has been hyped so much by fans and AMD themselves.......

Yeah I meant hype about Bulldozer when they released that they pretty much said it was going to crush intels mainstream and it didn't even come close to the 2600k so hopefully this time they deliver on the hype is what I meant :D

When Gigabyte says Ryzen is "budget oriented", it's time to worry about Zyzen's IPC. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, App4that said:

When Gigabyte says Ryzen is "budget oriented", it's time to worry about Zyzen's IPC. 

tbh we already can work out IPC isn't going to be great because they put it up against the 6900k and that cpu only score something around 4080 in geekbench single core so to beat it be a couple seconds in multi threaded isn't a massive achievement really and ipc I predict will be below that of the 4790k

tbh we already can work out IPC isn't going to be great because they put it up against the 6900k and that cpu only score something around 4080 in geekbench single core so to beat it be a couple seconds in multi threaded isn't a massive achievement really and ipc I predict will be below that of the 4790k

I really hope not, but I sadly agree. Maybe the 4 core 8 thread SR5 will be better, but they're leading with the SR7. 

But I have my fingers crossed anyway the IPC is there. 

Just now, App4that said:

I really hope not, but I sadly agree. Maybe the 4 core 8 thread SR5 will be better, but they're leading with the SR7. 

But I have my fingers crossed anyway the IPC is there. 

I hope so too but I can't believe AMD, It has to come from the reviewers for me to believe it. They used Starwars battlefront at CES as their game of choice to show the new vega and ryzen running 4K 60fps that game isn't that hard to run so I would like to see something like the Witcher 3 ran on that combo of CPU and GPU to show what it can really do. In saying that IPC isn't such a big factor with DX12 as the intel extremes often beat the 6700k and 7700k in DX12 titles where more cores can be utilised.

I hope so too but I can't believe AMD, It has to come from the reviewers for me to believe it. They used Starwars battlefront at CES as their game of choice to show the new vega and ryzen running 4K 60fps that game isn't that hard to run so I would like to see something like the Witcher 3 ran on that combo of CPU and GPU to show what it can really do. In saying that IPC isn't such a big factor with DX12 as the intel extremes often beat the 6700k and 7700k in DX12 titles where more cores can be utilised.

Very few titles have that switch happen. Most of the time a 7700k or 6700k beat the X99. It can happen, but not to the frequency that you can put cores over IPC. 

2 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

490 will be similar to gtx 1080 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

490 will be similar to gtx 1080 

Based off of AMD running the game and not showing the settings. I've got some property for sale cheap, you interested? 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Very few titles have that switch happen. Most of the time a 7700k or 6700k beat the X99. It can happen, but not to the frequency that you can put cores over IPC. 

yeah it will be a few more years until 8 cores will beat 4 core with higher IPC on almost every title we are only really just moving from single thread for games and even then we still utilise 2-3 in a big ammount of them. by the time the 6900k is utilised in games better than a high IPC quad core it will be time to upgrade to a new CPU which will probably have 8 cores and cost quater of that of the 6900k

yeah it will be a few more years until 8 cores will beat 4 core with higher IPC on almost every title we are only really just moving from single thread for games and even then we still utilise 2-3 in a big ammount of them. by the time the 6900k is utilised in games better than a high IPC quad core it will be time to upgrade to a new CPU which will probably have 8 cores and cost quater of that of the 6900k

Maybe. I see enthusiast gaming dying out in 5 years. Too easy to simply connect modules as you require power. There's going to be a day when mobile technology take over. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Maybe. I see enthusiast gaming dying out in 5 years. Too easy to simply connect modules as you require power. There's going to be a day when mobile technology take over. 

Maybe. But I for one hate mobile gaming, touch screens are just horrible, maybe i'm old lol but Keyboard and Mouse 4 life :D

Maybe. But I for one hate mobile gaming, touch screens are just horrible, maybe i'm old lol but Keyboard and Mouse 4 life :D

If you saw the Nvidia keynote you saw the self driving module, you can daisy chain the buggers as you need compute. So it's mobile technology but the perception is going to be consoles taking over. Gone is the console, replaced by a module, the more you have the more power you have. So you keep the K/M, you just lose the DIY aspect of things. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

If you saw the Nvidia keynote you saw the self driving module, you can daisy chain the buggers as you need compute. So it's mobile technology but the perception is going to be consoles taking over. Gone is the console, replaced by a module, the more you have the more power you have. So you keep the K/M, you just lose the DIY aspect of things. 

Ah yeah I saw that Keynote on twitch was laughing so bad cause the chat was going mental for the 1080ti and it never got announced xD If it goes with modules it won't be so bad but I would miss the DIY aspect of stuff. Tbh if Nvidia had the license to make a CPU for pc's it would probably out perform anything intel can offer as those K1 chips are impressive but apparently there is a clause or something that stops nvidia making desktop cpu's