[EVGA Confirmed Fake] EVGA To Sell AMD Vega-based Video Cards

Guest Kloaked
1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

-snip-

Based on reviews, user preference and brand recognition, generally speaking, EVGA is one of the best, if not the best Nvidia card custom manufacturer and Sapphire is one of the best, if not the best AMD card custom manufacturer. Then again, its the way i see it and from what i read, it is in no way a comment to undermine the other manufacturers, in terms of manufacturing quality or service availability.

Groomlake Authority

That's awesome. Can't wait to see AIB card. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

EVGA said on their forums:

EVGATech_LeeM:

"Yup. Fake news is fake."

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

24 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I don't get comments like this. I see them every time something like this is posted.

>Nvidia has a breakthrough in AI

>"NO THANKS NVIDIA OMG STICK TO GPUs !!!! !11!"

>Nvidia doesn't release an overpriced video card at CES

>"OMG NVIDIA WHY DO YOU TALK ABOUT AI AND ALL THIS OTHER BULLSHIT AND NOT RELEASE A VIDEO CARD THAT I'M NOT GOING TO BUY ANYWAYS??"

>Game developers talk about some other game that their studio is working on

>"OMG STICK TO <the game this person plays> PLEASE AND FIX THIS"

>Trump talks about some bad stuff that happens

>"OMG TRUMP STICK TO PRESIDENTIAL STUFF"

I can go on. Meanwhile, these people have such an irrational logic that no matter what a person or company does, they always have a fucking irrational criticism that no one cares about. EVGA's VRM issue wasn't a gigantic issue. EVGA issued a statement because it was a PR opportunity first and foremost, and second they wanted to make it known that they take care of their customers when something bad happens.

Literally every company ever has had some kind of fuck up somewhere down the line. Are you going to hold this shit over EVGA, or any other company or person forever? Grow up kid.

Triggered

Just now, IGJoe2192 said:

Triggered

I am. I'm triggered that people think the way that you do.

27 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I am. I'm triggered that people think the way that you do.

Edit: Misinformed comment

1 minute ago, IGJoe2192 said:

Irrationally, because an AIB giant designed a card and cooler that couldn't do its job and cool the VRM properly... after all of the hands that thing went through that is a pretty big ball to drop. Yup, irrational.. If an automobile manufacturer produced a car with too small a radiator they would never hear the end of it, regardless of a recall.

Except this didn't affect every card to the point that they had to issue a recall for the entire video card.

Automobile manufacturers issue recalls on vehicles all the time and it's almost always a severe safety issue. I don't know why you're bringing that up when it doesn't help your argument at all. If all the vehicle needed was a smaller rad and could function with it, they would put them in there. Every company looks for ways to increase profits, even the brands that you probably love and adore.

50 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I wonder if Nvidia has a bit of 3DFX left inside them. Because if they drive away AIB partners and are the only ones manufacturing cards for their GPU....

BTW, those that think EVGA don't build cards for weak GPU:

http://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=512-A8-N403-LR

That performs slower than the original Geforce 6200 by a lot-in most cases its around half the performance.

EVGA don't put their name on under performing cards, Vega must be good for them to take an interest.

I fucking lost it at this comment

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

4 minutes ago, IGJoe2192 said:

Irrationally, because an AIB giant designed a card and cooler that couldn't do its job and cool the VRM properly... after all of the hands that thing went through that is a pretty big ball to drop. Yup, irrational.. If an automobile manufacturer produced a car with too small a radiator they would never hear the end of it, regardless of a recall.

It wasn't VRM. It was bad capacitors.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

2 minutes ago, XenosTech said:
EVGA don't put their name on under performing cards, Vega must be good for them to take an interest.

I fucking lost it at this comment

Long story short:

Geforce 6200 http://techreport.com/review/7447/nvidia-geforce-6200-graphics-processor/4

doom3-trdelta1.gif

Geforce 6200 Turbocache, AKA EVGA's "512MB" Geforce 6200 (which I own) http://techreport.com/review/7741/nvidia-geforce-6200-with-turbocache/7

doom3-delta.gif

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

11 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

It wasn't VRM. It was bad capacitors.

That's the way to respond to somebody, thank you. I wasnt aware and somehow missed this piece by GN and BuildZoid. 

12 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

-snip-

lol... I'm still laughing my ass off at that comment

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Isn't EVGA the Sapphire to RTG? If this ends up being true, that's going to hurt Nvidia's pride. They might even wipe away their tears with Franklins'. 

6 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Isn't EVGA the Sapphire to RTG?

Idk why people are comparing EVGA to Sapphire besides exclusivity, EVGA is a tier above Sapphire in my mind in both customer service+warranty

"If you ain't first, you're last"

1 minute ago, Memories4K said:

Idk why people are comparing EVGA to Sapphire besides exclusivity, EVGA is a tier above Sapphire in my mind in both customer service+warranty

Yeah, but exclusivity is exactly why I was comparing them... 

Warranty and customer service will depend on your location. 

53 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

EVGA said on their forums:

EVGATech_LeeM:

"Yup. Fake news is fake."

But that's what they would say if they were trying to hide something ;)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

But that's what they would say if they were trying to hide something ;)

What is it that they're trying to hide?

1 hour ago, IGJoe2192 said:

Triggered

T R I G G E R E D

Seriously are people not allowed to be mad from time to time? xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, VagabondWraith said:

What is it that they're trying to hide?

That it is in fact true and they want to surprise the shit out of us.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

T R I G G E R E D

Seriously are people not allowed to be mad from time to time? xD

That word is losing its meaning now that every time someone say something strongly worded, the go-to response is "LOL TRIGGERED"

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

That word is losing its meaning now that every time someone say something strongly worded, the go-to response is "LOL TRIGGERED"

It never had a unique meaning honestly. It's synonymous to angry.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

It never had a unique meaning honestly. It's synonymous to angry.

It's actually a literal symptom of people with real mental health issues like PTSD. But, it got to where it was mostly used by special snowflakes to express themselves when someone said something that they didn't like or was "offensive". It was then turned into a meme to make fun of said snowflakes and now it's gotten to where every 14 year old who just discovered Reddit is using it in response to people who say something very strongly worded to them.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

It's actually a literal symptom of people with real mental health issues like PTSD. But, it got to where it was mostly used by special snowflakes to express themselves when someone said something that they didn't like or was "offensive". It was then turned into a meme to make fun of said snowflakes and now it's gotten to where every 14 year old who just discovered Reddit is using it in response to people who say something very strongly worded to them.

This triggers me.

It triggers a reaction that makes me want to say that you're right.

Maybe I should have just clicked agree then.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

This triggers me.

giphy.gif