[EVGA Confirmed Fake] EVGA To Sell AMD Vega-based Video Cards

Guest Kloaked
16 minutes ago, Energycore said:

That it is in fact true and they want to surprise the shit out of us.

Original source is Website Creating Crap Fiction.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just now, VagabondWraith said:

Original source is Website Creating Crap Fiction.

Of course it is. They've been right out lying for clicks since forever

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

Of course it is. They've been right out lying for clicks since forever

While I was at work when I was totally working, I was looking at Facebook and saw that #iPhone8 was trending so I clicked. First result was WCCFTech talking about how the iPhone 8 will have wireless charging and all of this other shit like two weeks after the iPhone 7 officially came out.

1. Thing makes evga the best and its not even their cards....CUSTOMER SUPPORT BABEH!

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

While I was at work when I was totally working, I was looking at Facebook and saw that #iPhone8 was trending so I clicked. First result was WCCFTech talking about how the iPhone 8 will have wireless charging and all of this other shit like two weeks after the iPhone 7 officially came out.

This should be forbidden.

Or people need to be taught not to put their money on rumor mill websites

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Back then when AMD needed another AIB, all of them were like excited school kids raising their hand and shouting pick me! pick me! xD

I don't remember who AMD picked...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

7 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Ftfy

You didnt fix shit, the x2 660ti, x13 760, and x2 960s that I've had from EVGA that were defective trash says different. They push trash hardware and pass it off as high quality. You couldnt pay me to have their trash anywhere near my system.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

1 minute ago, Ostwind said:

You didnt fix shit, the x2 660ti, x13 760, and x2 960s that I've had from EVGA that were defective trash says different. They push trash hardware and pass it off as high quality. You could pay me to have their trash anywhere near my system.

You're either lying or you're the most unlucky person in the world.

4 minutes ago, Ostwind said:

You didnt fix shit, the x2 660ti, x13 760, and x2 960s that I've had from EVGA that were defective trash says different. They push trash hardware and pass it off as high quality. You couldnt pay me to have their trash anywhere near my system.

What problems did those cards have? Also, trash is getting the same graphics card back from Gigabyte after 5 attempts at an RMA, and then not being able to contact them at all afterwards.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

You're either lying or you're the most unlucky person in the world.

not lying, heres the short of what happened.

Started with x1 660Ti, fan stopped working after 6 months. RMA'd and a few months after that bought another for SLI. Two months later RMA card died. RMA'd and upgraded to 760's by EVGA. One of those cards had a faulty HDMI, RMA'd with card that had squealing fans out of the box, RMA'd that for a card with a faulty temp sensor that said the card was running at 100c after half a second under full load so it throttled to nothing and was unusable. RMA'd that for another card with a fan that squealed at 32%-48% of the fan RPM range. RMA'd that for a card that neither of its fans worked out of the box. RMA'd that for a card that wouldnt SLI with my other card despite being the exact same model. RMA'd that and after the replacement arrived the other card decided it wanted to have fan issues too. RMA'd that one to have it replaced with one whos fans squealed from 20%-50% on the RPM range. RMA'd that for a card that finally worked for a little while without issue when it decided that its fans would be better if they squealed from 10%-30% of the RPM range. RMA'd that card for another with fucked fans out of the box. At this point I had become so paranoid that I was somehow damaging the cards while removing them from their packaging that I had been dissecting the plastic carriers that they came in so I wouldn't have to touch the cards at all to remove them from the plastic. The rest of the 760's had similar issues with either fans not working or squealing at various RPM's. Eventually the 900 series had been out long enough that EVGA upgraded me to 960's but the two that I got had two issues, One was that the bios the card came with from teh factory was faulty and resulted in system lockups if you tried to SLI them, the second was that the particular cards I had could not be flashed so I had to return them for another pair that had the fixed bios. After that I sold them before they could break because I was tired of mailing GPU's and talking to EVGA.

Unlucky? Doubt it, with odds like that I should have been struck by a meteor made of lighting sharks that shit winning lottery tickets made of platinum. EVGA is trash and the further they stay away from my system the better.

9 minutes ago, Ostwind said:

with odds like that I should have been struck by a meteor made of lighting sharks that shit winning lottery tickets made of platinum.

Well were you? Because your story sounds halfway made up and halfway like someone who is related to Bad Luck Brian.

I've had nothing but good experiences with EVGA products and their support and so have tons of other people.

8 minutes ago, Ostwind said:

not lying, heres the short of what happened.

Started with x1 660Ti, fan stopped working after 6 months. RMA'd and a few months after that bought another for SLI. Two months later RMA card died. RMA'd and upgraded to 760's by EVGA. One of those cards had a faulty HDMI, RMA'd with card that had squealing fans out of the box, RMA'd that for a card with a faulty temp sensor that said the card was running at 100c after half a second under full load so it throttled to nothing and was unusable. RMA'd that for another card with a fan that squealed at 32%-48% of the fan RPM range. RMA'd that for a card that neither of its fans worked out of the box. RMA'd that for a card that wouldnt SLI with my other card despite being the exact same model. RMA'd that and after the replacement arrived the other card decided it wanted to have fan issues too. RMA'd that one to have it replaced with one whos fans squealed from 20%-50% on the RPM range. RMA'd that for a card that finally worked for a little while without issue when it decided that its fans would be better if they squealed from 10%-30% of the RPM range. RMA'd that card for another with fucked fans out of the box. At this point I had become so paranoid that I was somehow damaging the cards while removing them from their packaging that I had been dissecting the plastic carriers that they came in so I wouldn't have to touch the cards at all to remove them from the plastic. The rest of the 760's had similar issues with either fans not working or squealing at various RPM's. Eventually the 900 series had been out long enough that EVGA upgraded me to 960's but the two that I got had two issues, One was that the bios the card came with from teh factory was faulty and resulted in system lockups if you tried to SLI them, the second was that the particular cards I had could not be flashed so I had to return them for another pair that had the fixed bios. After that I sold them before they could break because I was tired of mailing GPU's and talking to EVGA.

Unlucky? Doubt it, with odds like that I should have been struck by a meteor made of lighting sharks that shit winning lottery tickets made of platinum. EVGA is trash and the further they stay away from my system the better.

Did you by any chance buy the cards from stores linked in any way to Harvey Norman? Because what your describing sounds like their kind of thing (they sell the same items as other stores, except they some how manage to be totally screwed up-the story of anything myself and my family have purchased from them-electronics or furniture)

PMSL

11 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Well were you? Because your story sounds halfway made up and halfway like someone who is related to Bad Luck Brian.

I've had nothing but good experiences with EVGA products and their support and so have tons of other people.

Ive got no reason to make this up and I dont care what other peoples experiences were because that wasnt my experience. The only good thing about it was their customer support. If it hadnt been as good as it was(which is damn well needed to be from my perspective) then I would have given up after the third or fourth RMA. Believe me or dont it doesn't matter because it wont chang what happened and it wont change my thoughts about EVGA.

And no I wasnt struck by a meteor made of lighting sharks that shit winning lottery tickets made of platinum. Not only would that have killed me but it would have hurt the entire time it did it. Instead I am an alive person who hates EVGA and who does not hold a record in the Guinness book of world records for the most ridiculous death in the entire recorded history of mankind.

7 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Did you by any chance buy the cards from stores linked in any way to Harvey Norman? Because what your describing sounds like their kind of thing (they sell the same items as other stores, except they some how manage to be totally screwed up-the story of anything myself and my family have purchased from them-electronics or furniture)

No, I bought the first and second 660 Ti from amazon and then it was RMA'd cards from there. I never actually bought any other card.

8 minutes ago, Ostwind said:

No, I bought the first and second 660 Ti from amazon and then it was RMA'd cards from there. I never actually bought any other card.

Was it direct from Amazon or a third party seller? And were they brand new or "refurbished", like the RMA GTX 970 G1 Gaming that I received?

PMSL

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

Was it direct from Amazon or a third party seller? And were they brand new or "refurbished", like the RMA GTX 970 G1 Gaming that I received?

Brand new, sold and fulfilled by Amazon and where I got them didnt matter since all the cards I got afterwards throughout the RMA process were directly from EVGA.

I guess this was wishful thinking from people who are fanboys of having heatpipes that don't touch the GPU die.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On 1/7/2017 at 2:58 AM, ONOTech said:

Not happening guys.

Thanks EVGA. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.