Best $70 PSU possible? EVGA GQ 650?

Accursed Entity

Why and what happened?

I decided to make a budget mini ITX PC using the GPU, PSU and Fans of my other PC. The mobo, RAM, CPU and CPU cooler are all new. The PSU is the Corsair AX860i.

After I completed the build I ran it for awhile and tested but it shutted down. After pressing the power button I get no response at all, no lights, no fans nothing. So I re-checked cables, re-seated the CPU cooler multiple times, the same with RAM but still nothing. 

Later on I turned it on, ran a game then closed it, checking the temps and the PC shuts down again. The PC was idle and the CPU temps were 26°C and the GPU 29°C.

Is always the same, turns on the PC then it shuts down later randomly doesn't matter if under load or idle. Then it won't do anything at all, I've checked the power cables like crazy too but nothing, also  happens with and without the GPU. So that's why I decided that the PSU would be bad? 

PC Specs:

CPU: i3 6100

Mobo: MSI H110i Pro(mini ITX)

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR4

GPU: GTX 780 EVGA ACX

CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7

PC Case: Define Nano S

Other: 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD

Other: 3 Case Fans Through fan hub.

I don't like to cheap on the PSU that's why I kept the AX860i(from my older build) for this build. But $70 is all I got right now. 

I was checking the Tier list indicated on the forum and I thought I could stretch a few bucks to buy the EVGA GQ 650 since is $73 in Amazon and it appears on Tier 2 list. Also is modular, it helps on a small case like mine.

Is there a better one for $70 in your opinion?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

1 hour ago, Accursed Entity said:

Why and what happened?

Reveal hidden contents

I decided to make a budget mini ITX PC using the GPU, PSU and Fans of my other PC. The mobo, RAM, CPU and CPU cooler are all new. The PSU is the Corsair AX860i.

After I completed the build I ran it for awhile and tested but it shutted down. After pressing the power button I get no response at all, no lights, no fans nothing. So I re-checked cables, re-seated the CPU cooler multiple times, the same with RAM but still nothing. 

Later on I turned it on, ran a game then closed it, checking the temps and the PC shuts down again. The PC was idle and the CPU temps were 26°C and the GPU 29°C.

Is always the same, turns on the PC then it shuts down later randomly doesn't matter if under load or idle. Then it won't do anything at all, I've checked the power cables like crazy too but nothing, also  happens with and without the GPU. So that's why I decided that the PSU would be bad? 

PC Specs:

Reveal hidden contents

CPU: i3 6100

Mobo: MSI H110i Pro(mini ITX)

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR4

GPU: GTX 780 EVGA ACX

CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7

PC Case: Define Nano S

Other: 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD

Other: 3 Case Fans Through fan hub.

I don't like to cheap on the PSU that's why I kept the AX860i(from my older build) for this build. But $70 is all I got right now. 

I was checking the Tier list indicated on the forum and I thought I could stretch a few bucks to buy the EVGA GQ 650 since is $73 in Amazon and it appears on Tier 2 list. Also is modular, it helps on a small case like mine.

Is there a better one for $70 in your opinion?

The GQ is good

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The GQ is good

Hey, I managed to get some extra bucks. Do you think it would be worth it to pay 89.99 for the 650 G2 instead over the GQ?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

3 minutes ago, Accursed Entity said:

Hey, I managed to get some extra bucks. Do you think it would be worth it to pay 89.99 for the 650 G2 instead over the GQ?

I mean probably not

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||