Replacing monitor

IHirs

Can i replace a broken monitor for my dell chromebook 11? I found a monitor on amazon for it on amazon Here anf i wanted to know what i had to do.

1. Simple enough i can install it myself with a few guides i find online

2. I can buy it but need a expert to put it in

3. I need to buy a new chromebook

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Technically you can as long as it's a complete assembly. The biggest challenges will be:

• Finding the display cable and taking it out. It'll be snaked around in there, but you may encounter "resistance"
  • Prying off the bezel.

the issue could be that it's not just the broken screen - the stuff under could also be broken and that could be a way bigger repair job - go to ifixit.com and find a teardown or repair guide for ur laptop

You can buy it, but putting it in yourself depends on your own level of skill and intimidation. If you have the skills and don't mind reading through guides online, go ahead. If you're intimidated by doing that, you could get it and have it installed by a professional, as long as you deem the ChromeBook worth it. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

You can buy it, but putting it in yourself depends on your own level of skill and intimidation. If you have the skills and don't mind reading through guides online, go ahead. If you're intimidated by doing that, you could get it and have it installed by a professional, as long as you deem the ChromeBook worth it. 

the issue is labor costs - if you want the repair done by a pro for cheap - the quality of the work will be decent at best - it might end up costing a hundred dollars or more factoring in equipment and labor costs as it looks like it's not just the glass/plastic on the screen that's broken, but the electronics under it that generate the image

8 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

the issue is labor costs - if you want the repair done by a pro for cheap - the quality of the work will be decent at best - it might end up costing a hundred dollars or more factoring in equipment and labor costs as it looks like it's not just the glass/plastic on the screen that's broken, but the electronics under it that generate the image

There is a image on the screen when i load it up that i can see, if you think it would be usefull i can take a picture of it and post it

3 minutes ago, IHirs said:

There is a image on the screen when i load it up that i can see, if you think it would be usefull i can take a picture of it and post it

yes please - and also run a dead pixel test just google it

My login screen is suppose to be a reef in the backoround with a penguin as my icon

IMG_0597.JPG