AMD replaces guys PC after it was hit by a stray bullet from an acidental discharge.

99vw

Apparently this guys neighbor was cleaning his gun when he accidentally discharged it.

For some context my neighbor was clearing his gun after he came back from the range to put it away. What he didn't realize that there was a bullet in the chamber and the gun discharged. It was able to pass through his front door, my front door and through my computer. A police report was already filed and everything is resolved. Just thought id post it here since I will miss my gaming machine. Also my head was about a foot away from the computer.

EDIT:So I was contacted by AMD's PR department. Apparently they are willing to replace (read:upgrade) everything that was damaged in the event. I am thankful that they are being amazing in my situation. Honestly I am taking my near death experience worse than expected. Here's a list of what they are giving me.

Sources:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/1oyh1t/the_bullet_that_killed_my_beautiful_machine/ccwwlcd

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/1pr02n/update_the_revival_of_the_shrine_killed_by_a/

cool story

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Which begs the question, which little shit didn't clear the damn gun before cleaning it? This is Gun Safety 101, not to mention common fucking sense. I know common sense is becoming rarer and rarer, but still.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

wow that is quite the good deed from AMD. I respect them a lot more now and I already had respect for AMD.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Good guy AMD

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

How does a gun "Accidentally" discharge into the computer? But good guy AMD :)

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

but........ why is amd interfering in this? was that guy from Amd?  

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Which begs the question, which little shit didn't clear the damn gun before cleaning it? This is Gun Safety 101, not to mention common fucking sense. I know common sense is becoming rarer and rarer, but still. 

The most dangerous weapon is an unloaded gun

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

i think that kid will always buy AMD after what happened and got free things

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

As someone who regularly shoots I can't fathom how idiotic so many people are when it comes to handling their firearms.

they obviously wanted to get some PR while getting rid of the remaining 7000 series cards :3 

I learned how to make sure a weapon isn't loaded when I was 6.

Or it jammed and he thought the magazine was empty.

but........ why is amd interfering in this? was that guy from Amd?  

probably had AMD components in the last build and it was an excuse for them to ditch some old stuff and get free PR

Sometimes, I sit back and think why some people are just this retarded. It just doesn't make sense... *facepalm*

I mean, really. My brother took me to the gun range and taught me gun safety when I was 10. 

1. Take the mag out
  2. Empty chamber
  3. Check if there is a round in the chamber by looking through the side of the gun, pointing the gun away from anyone
  4. Put on the safety
  5. Clean the damn gun without accidentally shooting the gun

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Yeah, I have to say, it was pretty stupid to not know how to check if your gun is loaded. Well, at least he got his PC back.

this doesn't even sound like AMD doing a PR stunt.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Which begs the question, which little shit didn't clear the damn gun before cleaning it? This is Gun Safety 101, not to mention common fucking sense. I know common sense is becoming rarer and rarer, but still. Even rednecks ain't that stupid.

This is inevitable in any given area where the number of guns in circulation exceed the number of intelligent people.

Anyway, it was cool of AMD, and I hope the shock wears off. I hope you never forgive that slime though.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Sometimes, I sit back and think why some people are just this retarded. It just doesn't make sense... *facepalm*

I mean, really. My brother took me to the gun range and taught me gun safety when I was 10. 

1. Take the mag out
  2. Empty chamber
  3. Check if there is a round in the chamber by looking through the side of the gun, pointing the gun away from anyone
  4. Put on the safety
  5. Clean the damn gun without accidentally shooting the gun

Pretty sure putting on the safety is the first thing you do, not the fourth...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Gun discharge while some f*cktard is cleaning it and dont check the chamber/mag

Another day in "Land of freedom"...

Hope he had some AMD component in that rig and not Intel and Nvidia :P

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

The most dangerous weapon is an unloaded gun

I think what you meant to say was that "The most dangerous weapon is stupidity" 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Pretty sure putting on the safety is the first thing you do, not the fourth...

Most guns should already be on the safe position. But it should be the first step though.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Anyone living near me owns a gun they could fire in my direction? (please don't)

Wow pretty nice that AMD is giving the person free stuff. Maybe they had a lot of stock on these parts and decided to give some away to this person.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer