Asus Error codes

Hi

I recently installed my new graphics card in my mobo and first time I turned it on I got a 64 error on my mobo. I got no display.

I then tried to use the motherboards hdmi for output and no luck and had a A2 error. Tried to remove the graphics card and no luck. Cleared cmos, and flashed the bios and now I have a 99 error, and still no display.

My system was working perfectly fine before I installed the graphics card, and now it won't even boot to show bios.

Any ideas?

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

99 is super io initialization. A2 is ide detect. I would check if your power connections to your motherboard is secure by checking the 8 pin cable to the motherboard and remove the hard drives cables and see if it boots into the bios at least. Also try doing a CMOS reset. Refer to your manual for more info in this.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VI-FORMULA/E8336_Maximus_VI_Formula.pdf

This could be faulty motherboard as I am searching around and it seems that the 99 error is sometimes due to a bad board.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I disconnect my gpu and reconnect it and now I'm back to the A2 error and no display.

Also when my gpu was disconnect I was able to get display to go into bios, but couldn't boot into windows.

Also when I boot up my pc, it turns on for about 1-2 seconds turns off and turns back on again.

I'm going crazy right now. wtf is going wrong?

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

No body can help!?

I disconnect my gpu and reconnect it and now I'm back to the A2 error and no display.

Also when my gpu was disconnect I was able to get display to go into bios, but couldn't boot into windows.

Also when I boot up my pc, it turns on for about 1-2 seconds turns off and turns back on again.

I'm going crazy right now. wtf is going wrong?

Check all your power connections and replug them. And do a CMOS reset to reset the bios as had that problem before when I updated my bios (turning on and off). But I would wait a while to see if the boot loop stops as it may be doing something to the bios.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Check all your power connections and replug them. And do a CMOS reset to reset the bios as had that problem before when I updated my bios (turning on and off). But I would wait a while to see if the boot loop stops as it may be doing something to the bios.

okay I booted again and there was no boot loop but still the a2 error. cleared cmos, and still no display. How could the video card being plugged in stop there from being display when Im connected to the onboard display.

okay I booted again and there was no boot loop but still the a2 error. cleared cmos, and still no display. How could the video card being plugged in stop there from being display when Im connected to the onboard display.

If you have your video card plugged in, it will automatically use the video card output so I would try plugging your cable to the video card instead of plugging it into your motherboard.