The NEW Corsair K95 Platinum and Scimitar Pro

Just now, dizmo said:

Eh. It's ok. Hopefully they made the scroll wheel smoother, every Corsair keyboard I've tried the volume wheel is...sticky.

That price though...

Can't wait until MX Silver is on a lot more other companies boards.

Its smoother. The texture isn't as pronounced and it has more resistance but it feels a lot smoother. It give you more control but the volume doesn't jump up and down that quickly.

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

40 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

:S

So I guess we need to restrict posts to only those who plan to buy it? LOL

We're here to discuss new products and news, not sell things.

Especially when they are going to charge you more for it then the old K95 RGB that has more G keys. 

12 minutes ago, Demonking said:

Especially when they are going to charge you more for it than a the old K95 RGB that has more G keys. 

Well... That's not a fair... The K95 Platinum has hardware playback and a USB pass through. This not only means a more efficient LED controller, but another chip to run the hardware playback. 

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

Nice! I like it, also MX Speed switches, and PWM3367 sensor on mouse! :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

47 minutes ago, Zheren159 said:

Its smoother. The texture isn't as pronounced and it has more resistance but it feels a lot smoother. It give you more control but the volume doesn't jump up and down that quickly.

I meant the rolling, not necessarily the feel of the wheel itself.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

tacky as hell

To be honest, I dislike the new Strafe/LUX keycaps as I think they look tacky. That's why I made sure I got an old k70 rgb before they all vanished.

i like the lighting of the K95 platinum but i still dont like the keycap font, it looks like its been run over by a steamroller -_- same shitty one from the LUX series sadly...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

17 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I meant the rolling, not necessarily the feel of the wheel itself.

i know lol. Its butter smooth now. the wheel and the rolling. 

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

They are becoming a G4M1NG more and more every time they release something

Remember when Corsair used to have simple but beautiful designs?

If I wanted something cheap and 'gamer' looking I'd buy Logitech.

Have they said if these will be ROG certified?  I noticed in corsairs k95 video they were using a ROG monitor

sfLTqHu.jpg

Eh, the old Scimitar already had a black edition instead of that hideous yellow. I own one, but I ended up switching back to my Razer Naga after a few months. That DPI boost really doesn't do anything to make it more appealing, IMO.

This mouse might actually be a Naga competitor this time around... even if at 200 dollars it is 4x as expensive as the Naga Chroma is routinely available for.

And yes, I do think the Naga is currently the best multitasking/productivity mouse on the market.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

As someone who has just brought a K95 RGB, when i first saw there was a new one coming out i was disappointed till i saw what it looked like and what the differences are and now think the old better looking in my opinion and happy i got the old one.

The onboard memory and USB passthrough is nice, but taking out macros sucks and the keycaps are ugly (to me, at least). They should've had the passthrough from day 1 though in my opinion; That's the only thing I missed switching from my old G11 to the first gen K70RGB.

On 1/5/2017 at 2:17 PM, AlwaysFSX said:

Flawless logic right there. Let's not debate on the design differences of new generations of products that make them worse, just don't buy it. 9_9

And this is how you stifle innovation.

Unfortunately people are still going to buy this keyboard and that is where true innovation is killed. When consumers settle for less instead of voting with their wallet.

1 minute ago, Arri said:

Unfortunately people are still going to buy this keyboard and that is where true innovation is killed. When consumers settle for less instead of voting with their wallet.

Right so everyone that buys this keyboard is settling... Have you considered some people just like the keyboard... No of course not you're just spewing shit to spew shit.. 

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

2 minutes ago, Zheren159 said:

Right so everyone that buys this keyboard is settling... Have you considered some people just like the keyboard... No of course not you're just spewing shit to spew shit.. 

On 1/5/2017 at 3:57 PM, Zheren159 said:

Thank god for black!

Amen ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)