Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epsrrior

First build

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, this is my first build and I wanted to ask any modifications you think should I do or if it's just fine, and some other questions.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P7yJBP
This is going to be mainly for heavy gaming and maybe some video edition. I also want to add that I know i could maybe swap some thing and get it a bit cheaper (for example ramsticks, case fans) but I want a black and red theme so that's why I chose this components. I also maybe would like to add some led lightning in the inside of the case in the future.
Questions:
1) Will it work nicely for what I want it to? Will the processor bottleneck the GTX 1080?
2) How easy is to overclock being a first time builder?
3) How easy is to build the pc and how can I avoid the problem of having static when using the components (I don't have any mat, or wristband, but if it's really worth it I could buy it)
4) PCpartpicker says that if I use an M2 SSD two sata ports on the board will not be available, does this makes any problem?
5) What cable sleeves you recommend to get for me (black/red)
6) What LED strips should I get for my desktop and pc (RGB with controller)
7) I put both CPU fans because I didn't know what to pick, my doubts on which one to choose was if 212 EVO would handle overclocking with the I5 6600K and if putting led on the cooler would make too much led and it wouldn't look nice. On the other side I wanted to know if the H60 would handle overclock nicely.
8) Also wanted to know if the NZXT S340 is a good case for all of this components and if it would fit everything nicely.

I know they are lots of questions but just answer the one you know about or want, anything is appreciated ^^
PS: Sorry for bad english heh

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Epsrrior said:

Hello, this is my first build and I wanted to ask any modifications you think should I do or if it's just fine, and some other questions.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P7yJBP
This is going to be mainly for heavy gaming and maybe some video edition. I also want to add that I know i could maybe swap some thing and get it a bit cheaper (for example ramsticks, case fans) but I want a black and red theme so that's why I chose this components. I also maybe would like to add some led lightning in the inside of the case in the future.
Questions:
1) Will it work nicely for what I want it to? Will the processor bottleneck the GTX 1080?
2) How easy is to overclock being a first time builder?
3) How easy is to build the pc and how can I avoid the problem of having static when using the components (I don't have any mat, or wristband, but if it's really worth it I could buy it)
4) PCpartpicker says that if I use an M2 SSD two sata ports on the board will not be available, does this makes any problem?
5) What cable sleeves you recommend to get for me (black/red)
6) What LED strips should I get for my desktop and pc (RGB with controller)
7) I put both CPU fans because I didn't know what to pick, my doubts on which one to choose was if 212 EVO would handle overclocking with the I5 6600K and if putting led on the cooler would make too much led and it wouldn't look nice. On the other side I wanted to know if the H60 would handle overclock nicely.
8) Also wanted to know if the NZXT S340 is a good case for all of this components and if it would fit everything nicely.

I know they are lots of questions but just answer the one you know about or want, anything is appreciated ^^
PS: Sorry for bad english heh

The 6600k bottlenecks a 1070 in some places. But it all just depends on the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Epsrrior said:

Hello, this is my first build and I wanted to ask any modifications you think should I do or if it's just fine, and some other questions.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P7yJBP
This is going to be mainly for heavy gaming and maybe some video edition. I also want to add that I know i could maybe swap some thing and get it a bit cheaper (for example ramsticks, case fans) but I want a black and red theme so that's why I chose this components. I also maybe would like to add some led lightning in the inside of the case in the future.
Questions:
1) Will it work nicely for what I want it to? Will the processor bottleneck the GTX 1080?
2) How easy is to overclock being a first time builder?
3) How easy is to build the pc and how can I avoid the problem of having static when using the components (I don't have any mat, or wristband, but if it's really worth it I could buy it)
4) PCpartpicker says that if I use an M2 SSD two sata ports on the board will not be available, does this makes any problem?
5) What cable sleeves you recommend to get for me (black/red)
6) What LED strips should I get for my desktop and pc (RGB with controller)
7) I put both CPU fans because I didn't know what to pick, my doubts on which one to choose was if 212 EVO would handle overclocking with the I5 6600K and if putting led on the cooler would make too much led and it wouldn't look nice. On the other side I wanted to know if the H60 would handle overclock nicely.
8) Also wanted to know if the NZXT S340 is a good case for all of this components and if it would fit everything nicely.

I know they are lots of questions but just answer the one you know about or want, anything is appreciated ^^
PS: Sorry for bad english heh

1. Will be fine might bottleneck in some game.

2. just watch a video

3. Just make sure you ground yourself first by grabbing metal on your case.

4. Only if you need those 2 extra sata ports.

5. You don't need them just what ever you think looks better.

7. H60 would perform better than the 212 evo

8. Yes its a nice case but look at the In Win 303.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EminentSun said:

That's what i would suggest too. If you don't think you will need the 480gb ssd, go with a 240 or 256 and eigher just save the money or maybe spend it on an nzxt s340 elite, just because it looks incredible with the kind of lighting you have. getting an led strip honestly does all the difference in looks if you place it right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, Unexas. said:

4. Only if you need those 2 extra sata ports.

8. Yes its a nice case but look at the In Win 303.

4. For what things would I need the extra sata ports?
8. I'll check some reviews, what are the major differences between this, S340 and S340 elite?
 

 

3 hours ago, EminentSun said:

Surely pick 212 evo then, thanks. About the ramsticks I'll probably stick with either corsair LED or TridentZ just because they look really cool and I really want my build to look very good aestethically speaking. About the SSD it probably depends on what impact does it have on the build to get those 2 sata ports blockes by the M2 one because budget is not a big an obstacle for me because I don't really have a major rush on getting the components so I can just wait a little more if it will give more results. Will see if picking the S340 elite, normal edition or the InWin 303. Is there much difference in performance between the fans I chose vs the ones you chose? Because I love the SP120 aestethically (yep I love things to look pretty) or is it more just for the budget? And for the last I'll watch that motherboard, basically I wanted the M7 because I read that in this MOBO it was really easy to OC and being this my first build experience (and obviously my first OC experience) didn't want to make it harder. Also, is this I7 going to work way better than the I5? Bottleneck less with some games?

 

2 hours ago, Fabian Flaa said:

That's what i would suggest too. If you don't think you will need the 480gb ssd, go with a 240 or 256 and eigher just save the money or maybe spend it on an nzxt s340 elite, just because it looks incredible with the kind of lighting you have. getting an led strip honestly does all the difference in looks if you place it right.

I'll watch a video to compare both of 'em 

 

3 hours ago, IskanderEXC said:

Careful, you might have some issues if you do that

What kind of issues, like I'm not changing my build just so I can put some LEDs basically because it's not the most important thing (because I already have the fans and ramsticks with LEDs probably)


I quoted everyone for answers/questions of each one, sorry for making so much questions really nervous about my first build. Thanks everyone for the answer also.
More general questions:
1. Does anyone how safe is to travel in airplane with the components and which ones are more risky to travel with? Because I'm travelling to USA in short time and I want to pick as much parts I could there because it's waaaaay more cheap than where I live. I don't have problem for taking it either on-board (and grab the luggage where I have the parts all the plane if its necessary) or packing them off but I'm quite scared of them getting problems if I bring them by airplane so wanted to know how safe it is or what safety measures should I take so they don't have any problem.

2. Because I'm not using stock cooler I'll have to buy a Thermal Paste any recommendations on which one to buy?

Edited by Epsrrior
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Epsrrior said:

What kind of issues, like I'm not changing my build just so I can put some LEDs basically because it's not the most important thing (because I already have the fans and ramsticks with LEDs probably)

you said lightning in your original post so I thought I was being funny lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Epsrrior said:

Hello, this is my first build and I wanted to ask any modifications you think should I do or if it's just fine, and some other questions.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P7yJBP
This is going to be mainly for heavy gaming and maybe some video edition. I also want to add that I know i could maybe swap some thing and get it a bit cheaper (for example ramsticks, case fans) but I want a black and red theme so that's why I chose this components. I also maybe would like to add some led lightning in the inside of the case in the future.
Questions:
1) Will it work nicely for what I want it to? Will the processor bottleneck the GTX 1080?
2) How easy is to overclock being a first time builder?
3) How easy is to build the pc and how can I avoid the problem of having static when using the components (I don't have any mat, or wristband, but if it's really worth it I could buy it)
4) PCpartpicker says that if I use an M2 SSD two sata ports on the board will not be available, does this makes any problem?
5) What cable sleeves you recommend to get for me (black/red)
6) What LED strips should I get for my desktop and pc (RGB with controller)
7) I put both CPU fans because I didn't know what to pick, my doubts on which one to choose was if 212 EVO would handle overclocking with the I5 6600K and if putting led on the cooler would make too much led and it wouldn't look nice. On the other side I wanted to know if the H60 would handle overclock nicely.
8) Also wanted to know if the NZXT S340 is a good case for all of this components and if it would fit everything nicely.

I know they are lots of questions but just answer the one you know about or want, anything is appreciated ^^
PS: Sorry for bad english heh

 

Here is my recommended computer build with 2 powerful graphics cards that will handle any game that you throw at it.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($342.98 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.95 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Jet) 
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($87.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Transcend SSD370 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($182.38 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($267.99 @ Jet) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($267.99 @ Jet) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($80.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM  120mm Fan  ($8.34 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM  120mm Fan  ($8.34 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM  120mm Fan  ($8.34 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1722.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-05 23:33 EST-0500


Buzzsaw - I'm Buzzsaw and you're not.

CPU -- Intel Core i7 7740X @ 4.30GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology * RAM -- 16.0 GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-16-16-35)
Motherboard -- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF X299 MARK 2 (LGA 2066 R4) * 
Graphics -- SAMSUNG (1920x1080@59Hz) -- 4096 MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series 
Storage -- 223 GB SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (SSD) -- 256 GB Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 (SSD) -- 931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) -- 2794 GB BUFFALO External HDD USB Device
Optical Drives -- ASUS DRW-24B1ST * Audio -- Realtek High Definition Audio

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($59.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z270 TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.97 @ Jet) 
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  ($610.06 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1723.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-05 23:59 EST-0500


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 1/6/2017 at 0:28 AM, IskanderEXC said:

you said lightning in your original post so I thought I was being funny lol

 

Lol just realised.. Consequences of not having the best english lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×