I7-2600K/2700K Need help

Hello i was looking thourgh webs and saw that i7-2600k is still a good CPU and i am looking to replace my i3-3220 i have Asus h61M-K i play games like BF1 but at 30fps 1080p everything set at low my gpu is asus 660 oc and is still rock solid CPU bottlenecks it hard so my question is will there be alot of improvment from 2600k or 2700k compared to my i3-3220 and will i be able to overclock 2600k/2700k with asus h61m-k. Thx for answear i need quick answear since i have very little time to decide my brother will be leaving and i wount be able to get to place to check if cpu is working sorry for terrible english i made it as simple as posible to understand :D

1 minute ago, IskanderEXC said:

It's a good CPU for the money, as long as you OC it good

But can i oc it with my Motherboard ?

1 minute ago, IskanderEXC said:

It's a good CPU for the money, as long as you OC it good

He's not going to be overclocking it on that motherboard lol.

Even then if you can get it cheap enough, say $120, it's a pretty nice upgrade.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

You cant overclock those cpu's on that board.

Any 2nd or 3rd gen i5 or i7 would be a nice performance bump for you though, especially if you can find it cheap. (like under $150)

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, 2Smart4YouKid said:

But can i oc it with my Motherboard ?

No you cannot 

Nothing will overclock on a H61 board. Still, both of those CPUs are huge improvement over you i3 ;)

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Yes, an i7 2700k would be a pretty big improvement over an i3 3220. However in order to overclock the 2700k you're going to need a Z series board. I'm also unsure if your chosen motherboard supports the same socket as the 2700k, so make sure you double check that.

Honestly though i would just recommend a platform upgrade if you can afford it. upgrade to Skylake or Kaby Lake. Doesn't make a lot of sense to get old hardware like teh 2700k unless you're getting a great deal on it.

Well, if you can get one of those processors cheap it could be good. But i think it wouldnt help too much because of your video card. I would suggest something like a i3-6300 or i5-6400 (of course that means buying a 1151 socket mobo). (Not acctually sure if cpu upgrade is needed). something like an rx 460 4gb or rx 470 4gb would probably be good as a video card upgrade. OC on that Mobo i am not sure about.

3 minutes ago, Suika said:

He's not going to be overclocking it on that motherboard lol.

Even then if you can get it cheap enough, say $120, it's a pretty nice upgrade.

I know lol, I was saying that it would be kind of a waste unless you were to OC it, which he can't even do

Just now, 2Smart4YouKid said:

its about 110euros 

That's cheap, but a platform upgrade is probably more worth it in the long run.

Overall though, I would highly recommend doing the upgrade. Even something like a 3550 would be great, not just for gaming, but overall. If you upgrade the CPU, that GTX 660 is going to be what holds you back.

When in doubt, re-format.

if i start upgrading to skylake i would need to change cpu ram and mobo that would be like 600e somewhere that what i want to get and i cant spend that much money yet i will work in summer get around 1000e then with brothers help i will get high end rig and zen is around close so  

So u are saying i should wait and upgrade my rig better than getting 2600?

1 minute ago, 2Smart4YouKid said:

if i start upgrading to skylake i would need to change cpu ram and mobo that would be like 600e somewhere that what i want to get and i cant spend that much money yet i will work in summer get around 1000e then with brothers help i will get high end rig and zen is around close so  

Then it could be viable to buy the 2600k, to breathe a last breath of life into your pc before you buy a completely new one. 

It really depends if you think its worth to spend that money to get snappier performance overall for half a year.

1 minute ago, Fabian Flaa said:

It really depends if you think its worth to spend that money to get snappier performance overall for half a year.

hm if i cant overclock it than i dont think its worth it ? unless i get motherboard what motherboard would u recommend and i will look price with cpu and motherboard

if i will go with skylake i will spend about 1400 euros but agian if ryzen line up will be good and cheap i might go with it plus that mobo supports ddr4 and i have ddr3 rams so :D more money to be spent :D