Elon Musk's hyperloop becoming a reality

James.Rus

Galloway has taken on Elon Musk's Hyperloop concept and has started making prototypes. The finished loop is supposed to transport passengers at 800mph across the country, possible replacing trains and planes.

Source: http://news.discovery.com/autos/future-of-transportation/hyperloop-dream-could-become-reality-131031.htm

WHAT!?... good for him (and the rest of humanity.. .possibly)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

This could potentially change the way cities operate. With potentially much shorter commutes you could like in like Ohio and work in nyc. I'm \really interesting to see how this will impact society, if it actually gets built.

MIAMI TO CALIFORNIA NOW!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

GUYS. SHIPPING. THINK SHIPPING.

Same day shipping.

Hell, same HOUR shipping. :D

So we are moving to the Futurama thing then? Basically? That will be so sweet.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

WHAT!?... good for him (and the rest of humanity.. .possibly)

Yea this guy is awesome, it might slow down global warming as-well if it's a viable alternative to airplanes.

Yea this guy is awesome, it might slow down global warming as-well if it's a viable alternative to airplanes.

not really, half of all global warming is caused by the agriculture industry. If you ever want to slow down global warming, stop eating meat.

it would only be viable if it's used for commercial purposes in addition to personal transport

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

not really, half of all global warming is caused by the agriculture industry. If you ever want to slow down global warming, stop eating meat.

it would only be viable if it's used for commercial purposes in addition to personal transport

I suppose but it's a step in the right direction and every little helps. 

I'm waiting for cultured meat (grown in a lab) to become a thing. I'm not gonna stop eating meat. I like it. And here's an interesting thought: What has everything you need to live in it? Another living thing like you (i.e. mammals). Talk about healthy... 

But seriously, this could be great for a number of reasons in that regard (global warming). We are going to have to have tubes across the nation, right? Lined with solar panels, so, do you think it will use 100% of the energy this produces? I doubt it. Yay for more clean energy! :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

pretty freakin amazing to think this could be a reality in 10 years, awesome

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Guys. LTT Forums meet up. Everyone at one place WITHIN THE FUCKING HOUR! OMG!!!

We can all meet up at Linus' place in less than an hour! All 1000+ of us!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This is pretty cool. But wonder who will be brave enough to test this.

I'll be ALL over that man. I'll actually set foot on US soil for that

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

GUYS. SHIPPING. THINK SHIPPING.

Same day shipping.

Hell, same HOUR shipping. :D

So we are moving to the Futurama thing then? Basically? That will be so sweet.

Would be awesome if there was a dedicated hyperloop for shipping. And since packages, for the most part, don't have to worry about g-force, they could be sent through the tube at like 1200mph or higher. 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

what about putting a tube through the pacific .... take an hour to get to hawaii

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I'm waiting for cultured meat (grown in a lab) to become a thing. I'm not gonna stop eating meat. I like it. And here's an interesting thought: What has everything you need to live in it? Another living thing like you (i.e. mammals). Talk about healthy... 

But seriously, this could be great for a number of reasons in that regard (global warming). We are going to have to have tubes across the nation, right? Lined with solar panels, so, do you think it will use 100% of the energy this produces? I doubt it. Yay for more clean energy! :D

I'm waiting for soy protein based meat that feels like real meat. I read in Wired that they are pretty close to nearly perfect fake chicken.

Waiting for teleportation, but this seems a nice touch...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I wonder how much it'll cost to use one of those things...

Do I have to sign paperwork in which my family can't sue because the hyperloop crashed and I got killed?

I need specifics man! Other than that, I wonder if I can get a direct tube from Newegg to my house, warehouse pick up anyone?

I'm waiting for soy protein based meat that feels like real meat. I read in Wired that they are pretty close to nearly perfect fake chicken.

I'm good on that. There's too much questionable content regarding Soy. Many studies have said it increases chances of cancer. Many have said it doesn't. 

I try to avoid uncertain things when I can.

† Christian Member †

Waiting for teleportation, but this seems a nice touch...

For me it would depend on the nature and principles of the teleportation technology. I'd NEVER touch a Star Trek style transporter, because you're essentially being killed and cloned at each end of the transporter.

Pad A scans you molecule by molecule, and translates that into a data stream. Pad A sends that datastream over basically a internet transmission to Pad B. Pad B then reassembles your molecules from a raw material storage cache. The person that steps out of Pad B has all of your memories and experiences, but ISN'T the you that stepped into Pad A. Of course, the person that stepped out of Pad B would never know or realize that he's essentially a clone since it would "appear" seamless to him.

Asgard teleportation from Stargate though, is something I'd be down for. Or any wormhole/space-time bending/disruption based teleportation is cool too.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I wonder how much it'll cost to use one of those things...

Didn't Musk say that the theoretical one that would run from San Francisco to LA would cost around $1 billion? And these guys want to build one going across the USA. So...that will cost a few billion USD at the least. 

COMIC SANS

Anything that would make the airplane industry step up their game or dissapear forever I will get behind. I fly a lot, and it is such a bad experience every time. This could be a cheaper, faster, and maybe even DELAY FREE transit. No more will I be stuck for 6 hours in CLT because someone felt a drop in LGA, or for "totally not a mechanical problem"