What headphones are you using?

Craftsman_2222

I'm researching headphones and I'm curious at what the LTT community uses for their headphones and what you think of them. Also,what recommendations for closed back headphone with mic for around 200. 

Watch out behind you!

Currently am rocking Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's

Im using the Phillips SHP9500's and I really like them.

As far as recommendations go for headphones, I would stay away from headsets and get a good pair of headphones and a mic. Sennheiser makes some good headphones so look into them, but someone else can probably give you a better recommendation then me lol.

Logitech H600

4 minutes ago, liltom00 said:

Audio Technica ATH-M50x

On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate it and why?

Watch out behind you!

Logitech G930 which I use when gaming online with friends. They have decent sound and mic quality but get a bit sweaty after a few hours. They are a couple of years old now and have started to have some issues with mic not unmuting after a mute.

Sennheiser HD650 for gaming alone and music. Hands down the best headphones I have ever owned. Bought them back in 2009 and they are still working flawlessly with amazing sound.

Beats by Dr. Dre - Powerbeats2 for listening to music when I am going to work or running. Initially I was kind of disappointed by these. But after I bought some aftermarket foam tips from Comply it made a world of difference and they sound very good even if a little to powerful in the bass region.

DT770 pro 80 ohms :D

Better than the over rated m50x - Nice controlled bass, ok mids & highs, positioning & sound stage is good for a closed back. 

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

I really have no preference when it comes to sound signatures, though I tend to dislike dark sounding cans. What can I use really depends on the mood I'm in and the gear I'm using at the point in time. Right now, I've placed six of my cans within easy reach so I can grab whichever I want:

HFM HE1000 v1

HFM HE-560

AKG K812

Denon AH-D2000 (with AH-D7000 pads)

Audio Technica ATH-R70x

Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

My other cans are on a rack at the corner in my room, so I sometimes swap the cans close at hand for some other (when I'm in the mood to rotate some cans). Two I don't rotate out are the HE1000 and K812....these are among my fave.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

While I'm on break from school? AKG K553 Pro that's had the cable chopped and reterminated because I didn't like it for how long it was, and my 64 Audio A2e. 

At school? Sennheiser HD600, and Audio Technica A1000z.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

well my main headphones are the HE 560 and K612 pro. 

As for closed under 200$ I would get DT770 or K553 and then get a mod mic.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Modded HD650

If im on the go, Modded Fostex T50RP, or modded Koss KC75 or NVX IEM's

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm using the Sennheiser Game One headset. It has a very nice sound. Has an open design which I prefer to closed ones.

Currently Sennheiser HD25s at home, but didn't buy them for this use.

Shure SE425s when listening on the move.

Sennheiser HD800

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Sony MDR 100aap, I'll get an MDR 1000x for noise cancelling while flying soon

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

10 hours ago, SSL said:

Sennheiser HD 650.

Impressions?

3 hours ago, spwath said:

Modded HD650

What did you do to them?

28 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Impressions?

What did you do to them?

http://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/hd650-kiss-mod.3440/

makes em nice

HD650Kiss.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Using HyperX Clouds and loving them. Previously had the Steelseries 7H and I thought they were pretty good as well but they broke.

55 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Impressions?

Pretty positive. The dynamics and impact are on another level. Amazingly cohesive sound signature; maybe a tad much mid-bass but that's recording dependent. No veil whatsoever; these are probably the most revealing headphones I've had yet and that's without a stupid amount of treble. Tons of top-end extension, though. At some point I'll need to do another mp3 vs flac comparison to see if I can pick out differences beyond 224 kbps. These headphones need top-quality material to show what they are capable of, meaning well-mastered music with tons of detail. Highly processed, dynamically compressed music is enjoyable, but clearly not taking advantage of the resolving capabilities of the headphone.

My only real complaints are again the amount of mid-bass - moving the resonant frequency of the driver down on octave would probably be perfect - and the relative lack of soundstage. Imaging is pretty good, but even the HE-560 feels more spacious. If I'm being really picky, there is a slight emphasis, maybe in the 5-6 kHz range, that could be toned down like a decibel or two.

The best thing about them is how dynamic they are, though. The smooth signature and low distortion means it's possible to crank the volume without listening fatigue or having the drivers shit the bed, and then OH BOY. I'm veeery interested to try these with an upgraded amp.