NZXT H440 owners question

TheMidnightNarwhal

My front dust filter doesn't rest fully flush. On the sides in the middle, it's elevated a bit. I need to use tape to make it flush. I contact NZXT about it and they never replied. Do you have the same issue?

i thought the front filter sits in some sort of flange on the bottom

15 hours ago, UrdnotGrunt said:

i thought the front filter sits in some sort of flange on the bottom

Yeah but it's on the side.

I don't think I've seen that on mine. I'd just make sure the tape can hold well and leave it since the panel will cover it anyway. 

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

1 hour ago, Crossbred said:

I don't think I've seen that on mine. I'd just make sure the tape can hold well and leave it since the panel will cover it anyway. 

Even if the pannel is over, the gap between the filter and the fan pannel is still there, the front pannel doesn't physically push back onto the filter.

Mine covers just fine.  Maybe the frame of the filter is warped.  Try taking it out and setting on a flat surface to see if the gap would still be there.  If it lays flat look for something on the case that is keeping it from sitting flush.  Take a pic and posted so we can see.    

On 1/6/2017 at 2:19 PM, djmoney said:

Mine covers just fine.  Maybe the frame of the filter is warped.  Try taking it out and setting on a flat surface to see if the gap would still be there.  If it lays flat look for something on the case that is keeping it from sitting flush.  Take a pic and posted so we can see.    

Have you tried pushing on the sides of it in the middle. I'll take it out and put a pic.

as i was browsing through my photos I remember taking photos of my build.  here is my case.   

First rebuild with Old equipment (5).JPG

On 1/16/2017 at 10:49 PM, djmoney said:

as i was browsing through my photos I remember taking photos of my build.  here is my case.   

First rebuild with Old equipment (5).JPG

Yeah looks like it's crooked or something.

ZtITHXg.jpg