ASUS announce their ROG Swift PG27UQ 4K 144Hz G-Sync HDR monitor

Joe_Easy
1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

there isn't an HDR mode for FH3 on PC AFAIK 

Maybe we are both jumping the gun here. There are no monitors or GPU drivers that support HDR yet.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

Loads of people are willing to pay $1200 for the Titan XP. There are lots of people who have money to burn.

By loads of people you mean how many?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

By loads of people you mean how many?

More than you can ever imagine. :)

3 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Maybe we are both jumping the gun here. There are no monitors or GPU drivers that support HDR yet.

i believe shadow warrior 2 has an HDR mode, the only PC game to have it right now. 

7 minutes ago, Deli said:

Loads of people are willing to pay $1200 for the Titan XP. There are lots of people who have money to burn.

Well, if people are willing to burn their money, then why not just give it to me? :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Fackin dp.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Errr...can Display port 1.4 support all of that at the same time?

If not I hardly see the point of jumping this far ahead into future proofing.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

Well, if people are willing to burn their money, then why not just give it to me? :)

Of course they will give the money to me first. :)

7 minutes ago, Deli said:

More than you can ever imagine. :)

Lol, at least enough people that ASUS considers it worth manufacturing :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

It's nice to see 4K 144Hz at last, even if current GPU(s) can't push it. (Maybe TXP's can.) Hopefully this will push the adoption rate of 4K 144Hz monitors even more across all price ranges.

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Just read Acer has a $9000 gaming laptop. It's my turn to ask how many can they sell. Jesus, people truly have money to burn.

I'm leaking. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, Deli said:

Just read Acer has a $9000 gaming laptop. It's my turn to ask how many can they sell. Jesus, people truly have money to burn.

Maybe they build them over the sale, or they reuse manufacturing power that they already have

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

You too can now own a monitor that costs more than entire rigs!
I must say it seems kinda thick? From the back shot it's hard to tell though

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

still waiting for 1440p 27" HDR

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Price tag truly will be insane on this, until competition arrives, i'm guessing £1,400 or so, sounds expensive but I seriously see it being in that region.

This looks awesome, good-luck powering it though.

1 minute ago, NovusBal said:

Price tag truly will be insane on this, until competition arrives, i'm guessing £1,400 or so, sounds expensive but I seriously see it being in that region.

This looks awesome, good-luck powering it though.

SLI Titan XPs to go with the already way overpriced monitor

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Driving this thing at full 144fps in any demanding games would be trying to tow a large plane at 144mph down a runway with your best pickup truck!!!

....So I'm totally ordering 3 (anyone have slaves I could harvest for body parts?)

6 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Not necessarily: when it comes to bleeding edge tech they're probably gonna be in the red even if they charge a hefty sum for it. However it's worth it for them to release it anyway cause it pushes both their boundaries and the market:

1) It pushes their boundaries are they are now invested in improving their manufacturing process and tolerances early on

2) It pushes the market simply because of the prestige of having the only 4k 144hz Gsync HDR monitor in existence, it makes people perceive their brand as the most advanced and eventually pushes the cheaper stuff when they can make huge markets just by virtue of brand recognition.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Not necessarily: when it comes to bleeding edge tech they're probably gonna be in the red even if they charge a hefty sum for it. However it's worth it for them to release it anyway cause it pushes both their boundaries and the market:

1) It pushes their boundaries are they are now invested in improving their manufacturing process and tolerances early on

2) It pushes the market simply because of the prestige of having the only 4k 144hz Gsync HDR monitor in existence, it makes people perceive their brand as the most advanced and eventually pushes the cheaper stuff when they can make huge markets just by virtue of brand recognition.

So it's half a tech investment, half a marketing expense. Makes sense.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Joe_Easy said:

--snip--

Please remove formatting from OP for night theme users.

52 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I'm guessing Nvidia going to announce something similar to FreeSync 2 that deals with HDR related latency?

Didn't Nvidia already implement something like that a while back?

"If you ain't first, you're last"