Quick question about getting a SSD.

Levitatin

I'm planning on getting a SSD. I have windows 10 on a 500GB hard drive, and all my games and program installed onto a TB hard drive. If i switch the 500gb with a ssd would i still be able to play all the games that are on my tb hard drive? If so, how would i be able to get all the start menu folders back and all?

Yeah, but you might need to refile a few things,  did this with another HDD rather than SSD but same principle. As long as your game disk is still labelled as a D drive rather than C Drive yll should be ok

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X 4.4GHz | GPU: RTX 3070 FE | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 4x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 | MoBo: ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII  | Case: Corsair 5000D AF CPU cooler: Corsair H150i CapellixPSU: Corsair RM850x |

6 minutes ago, Levitatin said:

I'm planning on getting a SSD. I have windows 10 on a 500GB hard drive, and all my games and program installed onto a TB hard drive. If i switch the 500gb with a ssd would i still be able to play all the games that are on my tb hard drive? If so, how would i be able to get all the start menu folders back and all?

Generally yes. However:

• If the game requires activation, you'll have to reactivate it. At worst reinstall it.
  • If the game is on Steam, go to Steam -> Settings -> Download -> Add Steam Library and point it to where your games were living. Since the hard drive was a system drive, I'm going to assume they're in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps (you can move this folder to somewhere more convenient if you'd like)
    • This is similar for other services like Origin.
  • All other games can run as is.

As far as your start menu, you're better off redoing it because the shortcuts won't work anymore. They're all pointing to C:\, which is now your SSD.

As a bonus a tip, copy your hard drive's \Users\[username] folder into your SSD's \Users\[username] folder. It'll import most of your program settings and data.