Noob Building A PC

I'm new to the "PC" scene.  I've never started a build (let alone from scratch).  Could I get some experienced help?  I have something that my buddy was helping me with.

Click here to see the build on PCPARTPICKER.com

Any tips or changes I can make?  (I don't wanna spend much more than $1,200)

Also, this was a note:

• The G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory operating voltage of 1.5V exceeds the Intel Skylake CPU recommended maximum of 1.35V+5% (1.417V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.35V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

How do I fix this? (If I need to)

4 minutes ago, Tech Mann said:

I'm new to the "PC" scene.  I've never started a build (let alone from scratch).  Could I get some experienced help?  I have something that my buddy was helping me with.

Also, this was a note:

• The G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory operating voltage of 1.5V exceeds the Intel Skylake CPU recommended maximum of 1.35V+5% (1.417V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.35V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

its because if you're building with a motherboard which only supports ddr4, appears that  probably it doesnt support that much volt and that will run lower than expected

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

3 minutes ago, Tech Mann said:

Also, this was a note:

You need to get another set of memory that runs on 1.35V. It'd probably better too to get DDR4 instead of DDR3 RAM. Though you'd have to get another motherboard if it only supports DDR3

i would suggest ddr4 memory instead of ddr3. But notice that you need another motherboard for that

1 minute ago, Tech Mann said:

Also, this was a note:

what is the point of this build? 

streaming ? gaming 1080p ? the both of these?

i think there are a few thing that u can change easily..

i would rather go for an i5 6500..

and get a h110m or b150m mobo ... i maen if u can find a good z170 for the price u could as well get taht for future update..

and get the 1070 instead of the rx 480..

there are better stick of ram like the vengeance lpx  ddr4 instead of ddr3 

for the storage i'd go for the crucial with 525gb / 1tb kinda for the same price if not lower ur getting an easyer installation and a lot of space...

the case is your choice and the psu is a good one... 

but you dont really need that much power ... u coulda get a good 500w unit and get the job done.. 

even the monitor there are asus and benq 1080p monitor that cost less and do a fine job...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($27.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-K ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.97 @ Jet) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($81.80 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB GTR Video Card  ($284.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Jet) 
Monitor: Acer R240HY bidx 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($144.32 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1175.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-04 15:44 EST-0500

Edited by HeavyFtw

My Rigs

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus Z170-A 
                                                                                                        Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card (purchasing soon might be getting G1 or gaming x)

NZXT S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply