AORUS Motherboard Lineup Revealed

Svnyster

c56200a222414eada2ad5dd9cacea2d5.jpg

AORUS has added a new product tab to their website, which lists six new motherboards in their lineup of gaming products.  Some of the standout features include:

• Intel Z270 Express chipset with support for 7th generation Intel Core Kaby Lake processors
  • AORUS RGB Fusion lighting
  • Thunderbolt 3 support
  • Dual M.2 PCIe SSD support
  • ATX and E-ATX form factors

http://www.aorus.com/Product/Type/M/List

2 minutes ago, LegendKillerRG said:

Those individual LED light killed it on the PCIE and around the CPU's VRM. There should be LED strips rather than individual lights like that.

I'm guessing their assumption is that the LEDs will be covered by the CPU cooler and PCIe cards (dual-height GPUs), so it'll just give an ambient glow underneath.  But if you don't utilize every PCIe slot where the LEDs are, then yeah, it doesn't look too great.  Seeing that it's their RGB Fusion lighting though, it may be possible to disable the LEDs in certain locations via software.

Would be cool for that light at the edge to have touch sensor functionality for something. And... it's a repost.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

5 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Would be cool for that light at the edge to have touch sensor functionality for something. And... it's a repost.

I did see your post about the AORUS motherboards, but it was before any specific model information and specs were released.  Didn't know if it'd be best to bump a month old thread with updated info or create a new post.

I usually like LEDs, but...

eww.

Definitely overdone imo.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

3 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

I usually like LEDs, but...

eww.

Definitely overdone imo.

I'm curious to see how the boards look inside a complete build instead of just the stock images.  The images of a complete build on the product pages don't look nearly as bad as the stock photos, but seeing it in person or from different angles would be nice.

Gaming7.jpg

Gigabyte's Marketing department probably had a field day with this :).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

RIP Gigabyte

well, not really, this will be a sales hit among the 14 year olds

but

RIP Gigabyte as we knew it

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

4 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Im still waiting on that RGB motherboard I/O tough....

this would be useful

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

6 minutes ago, raphidy said:

Christmas was weeks ago, I don't want to lit my motherboard that much.

I agree that LED for the IO would be great when plugging usb in the dark...

If you sit in a completely dark room in front of a computer screen for extended periods of time regularly, the USB ports on the back of the case won't be the only thing you'll have trouble seeing in a few years.

Few things are as bad as that for someone's eyes save from staring at the sun.

If you want the room dark, at least put a light on the wall directly behind the monitor.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

28 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

If you sit in a completely dark room in front of a computer screen for extended periods of time regularly, the USB ports on the back of the case won't be the only thing you'll have trouble seeing in a few years.

Few things are as bad as that for someone's eyes save from staring at the sun.

If you want the room dark, at least put a light on the wall directly behind the monitor.

Thanks for the health tip. I feel that staring on a screen has more of an impact on your eyes though. I can't read shit from afar nowadays. 

My room is not completely dark, but having the PC under the desk surely does not help. I use f.lux too.