New Forza Horizon 3 Update Pushes a Developer Build of the Game to PC Players

8 hours ago, Kloaked said:

That happens with almost every single game. Go to any game that uses heavy graphics and look at all of the negative reviews - there's almost always a lot of people who can't seem to get the game to start and will request a refund. There's always some group of people who can't seem to get the game to start or just have weird issues that they can't resolve. I'm not trying to say that because I personally haven't had those issues that they don't exist, but a rule of thumb is that the problem can and will be between the keyboard and the chair.

I mean, I regularly played games with someone who has a higher end system than I do and they couldn't get The Division to even start even after one of the major patches that supposedly fixed it for a ton of people. Everyone else in my group had it working fine though.

Just saying those issues are not something new. UWP is more cancerous than U(Don't)Play, so I don't see how you would say you would take a UWP game over Dishonored 2, lool

I was just going by my experience and by judging the amount of media coverage both titles got with regards to their issues. I'm not at all supportive of UWP and would buy the Steam version of a game any day, but a decent game is a decent game. Other people such as Snadzies have already pointed out that issues are still present within the game which I fortunately cannot speak for. 

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Just now, Carclis said:

I was just going by my experience and by judging the amount of media coverage both titles got with regards to their issues. I'm not at all supportive of UWP and would buy the Steam version of a game any day, but a decent game is a decent game. Other people such as Snadzies have already pointed out that issues are still present within the game which I fortunately cannot speak for. 

That's completely understandable. I'm just thinking that you're exaggerating how bad Dishonored 2 was. I was bitching about it myself when I bought it since I loved the previous one a lot and expected this one to get more attention. There are weird spots even after the performance patch that just cause a loss of fps for no apparent reason, sorta like what I experienced in GTA. Didn't make the game(s) completely unplayable to me though.

UWP seems like DRM on roids and Microsoft doesn't have a great history with PC gaming to begin with, so I would expect a lot of the flack to go toward Microsoft more so than someone as beloved as Bethesda/Arkane.

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

That's completely understandable. I'm just thinking that you're exaggerating how bad Dishonored 2 was. I was bitching about it myself when I bought it since I loved the previous one a lot and expected this one to get more attention. There are weird spots even after the performance patch that just cause a loss of fps for no apparent reason, sorta like what I experienced in GTA. Didn't make the game(s) completely unplayable to me though.

UWP seems like DRM on roids and Microsoft doesn't have a great history with PC gaming to begin with, so I would expect a lot of the flack to go toward Microsoft more so than someone as beloved as Bethesda/Arkane.

I can't even break 60fps at very low settings which isn't acceptable since I consider it mandatory in a fps game such as DH2. The later patches seem to have improved the fluctuations in performance a decent amount but sadly I think the game is just really inefficiently using GCN architecture since my CPU usage isn't all that high.

I think hating on Microsofts UWP platform is just the cool thing to do which is understandable since it's well behind other PC platforms and I'm sure the same will be said for Bethesda soon with it's more recent anti-consumer moves.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

On 1/4/2017 at 0:25 AM, huilun02 said:

UWP exclusive, almost a straight copy of the Xbox version, doesn't fully utilize PC capability. 

It's actually not that bad. You can play at 4k, and unlimited FPS, so that right there isn't a straight copy of the Xbox version. The graphics settings allow you to push it MUCH further and their adaptive graphics settings work great on UWP. I set mine to Ultra 60fps and I get 60fps LOCKED 99% of the time. When the game gets crazy and graphical demands go up, the quality settings automagically adjust to maintain 60fps.

And I can finally play Forza on PC with a Logitech wheel and don't have to spend $400 on a Forzabox. That's a huge win for me. Still waiting for Halo 6 on PC though.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of UWP either (long live the mods!) but Horizon 3 is one of the better implementations so far.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)