Ram mod - trident z tops

z97

Anyone seen the tops of these ram colors changed. I know you can buy separate ones with different colors but my question would be the actual plastic parts of them if they're interchangeable and where can you buy them if so.

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

5 minutes ago, z97 said:

Anyone seen the tops of these ram colors changed. I know you can buy separate ones with different colors but my question would be the actual plastic parts of them if they're interchangeable and where can you buy them if so.

It doesn't look like there are kits out there for the tops, but potentially in the future however that is not confirmed:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/GSkill/F4-3200C16D-16GTZ/4.html

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

It doesn't look like there are kits out there for the tops, but potentially in the future however that is not confirmed:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/GSkill/F4-3200C16D-16GTZ/4.html

One can hope haha.

I bought these way back when they first dropped and red was the only one so... rip

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

1 minute ago, z97 said:

One can hope haha.

I bought these way back when they first dropped and red was the only one so... rip

If you wanted to since they are quite easy to take off you could spray paint them or wrap them in vinyl wrap to color match your system. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you wanted to since they are quite easy to take off you could spray paint them or wrap them in vinyl wrap to color match your system. 

I could yeah, just wanna keep the G.Skill part in the middle is all. Would just making them a neutral color

6 minutes ago, z97 said:

I could yeah, just wanna keep the G.Skill part in the middle is all. Would just making them a neutral color

Yeah the only thing with painting or wrapping it would be losing the lettering unless you left out that small section. 

8 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yeah the only thing with painting or wrapping it would be losing the lettering unless you left out that small section. 

Tis a debate for sure.