Google faces potential $3.8 billion lawsuit over internal ‘spying’ program

Delicieuxz
2 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

How do you block that stuff?

Generally you can use programs extensions like ghostery, but similar blocking can be done by the better adblockers like ublock origin so I use that since I already wanted a new adblocker when I started taking privacy more seriously, granted you need to enable the anti tracker list

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Generally you can use programs extensions like ghostery, but similar blocking can be done by the better adblockers like ublock origin so I use that since I already wanted a new adblocker when I started taking privacy more seriously, granted you need to enable the anti tracker list

Extensions for web browsers?  

Is ublock origin a standalone program or to be used with web browsers?   

19 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Extensions for web browsers?  

Is ublock origin a standalone program or to be used with web browsers?   

extension

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

14 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

extension

Where do you get it from?

Does it work with any browser?

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Where do you get it from?

Does it work with any browser?

https://www.ublock.org

works for chrome, safari and firefox

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Never thought Google was ethical or not evil.  This just adds to my suspicions.

9 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

But not internet explorer.   ?

internet_explorer_desktop_by_onyxcarmine

On 4-1-2017 at 1:43 PM, Prysin said:

Doesn't help. They track you through Google ads, Google account login,  linked accounts, search box on websites etc... 

you can disable that all :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

51 minutes ago, Xsilent(X) said:

you can disable that all :)

I don't trust disabling it.  You can disable and block everything in Windows 10, and there is still data slipping through the cracks.  The only safe option is Linux, and the headache associated with starting from the ground up with 2001 Slackware.  BECAUSE WHY NOT

4 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

I use Adguard, but may switch to ublock if it is even a smidge better.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

43 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

right... forgot about that split. 

I've been using ghostery for the past year, kinda lost touch with the rest :P

On 1/5/2017 at 2:37 AM, vorticalbox said:

I think the problem is that you're not allowed to report illegal activity that google may have been involved with.

No, that's the lawsuits allegation based on a (IMO incredibly flamboyant) interpretation of the confidentiality rules.  Nowhere in writing does it say you can't whistle blow and there's no evidence of whistle blowers being punished.

My guess is the dude suing is a shitty performer at Google so he decided to sue to lock his employment in for a year or so longer, since they can't fire someone suing them.

I'm not sure  what the dude even wants....companies to have no confidentiality rules?  Cause that doesn't make sense.  Confidentiality rules with a hundred pages of legalese *'s and shit?  That doesn't make sense.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)