The Next Big Thing™ - Smart Bicycles

Guest Kloaked

Sauce: http://www.androidauthority.com/leecos-android-based-smart-bicycles-740655/

So the next "smart" device, a smart bicycle, something probably already think is dumb since most of us apparently dwell in our mom's basements according to mainstream media, will be launching in Q2 this year. According to the article, both the sporty/street bike and trail bike will feature a touchscreen device that runs on an earlier version of Android dubbed BikeOS.

#Courage

Leeco-super-bike-840x431.jpg

The bikes will offer riders turn-by-turn navigation using HERE Maps, along with online and offline music playback, walkie-talkie communication with other nearby LeEco smart bikes, and ride logging.

These bikes will also offer GPS and measurements of how fast the bike is going, how you're peddling and so on. This can be pretty neat, though I'm betting my left pinky that this isn't going to do well here in America where everyone already owns a smart device that can give them all of the information that they need when doing fitness training anyways. But what do I know.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Sauce: http://www.androidauthority.com/leecos-android-based-smart-bicycles-740655/

So the next "smart" device, a smart bicycle, something probably already think is dumb since most of us apparently dwell in our mom's basements according to mainstream media, will be launching in Q2 this year. According to the article, both the sporty/street bike and trail bike will feature a touchscreen device that runs on an earlier version of Android dubbed BikeOS.

#Courage

These bikes will also offer GPS and measurements of how fast the bike is going, how you're peddling and so on. This can be pretty neat, though I'm betting my left pinky that this isn't going to do well here in America where everyone already owns a smart device that can give them all of the information that they need when doing fitness training anyways. But what do I know.

If only they had a way to make smart bicycle riders. Then traffic downtown wouldn't be as hectic as it is...

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Brilliant device, it does everything my 30$ bike computer and phone mount does... and nothing more....

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

It looks and sounds awesome but a lot of people that exercise already have other devices that do all that.  And casual bike riders wouldn't need all that and wouldn't want to spend a ton on a bike (assuming it will be quite expensive).

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Just what cyclists need - a big touchscreen that's either gonna distract them on the road and get them killed, or get the bike stolen. 

I wish manufacturers would go back to innovating and not just think they can slap "smart" on something and then suddenly think everyone will want one. 

Or you can just buy a phone and attach to your bike?

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

No ad, shit post, 0/10 - IGN.

I don't want to trigger anyone. ;)

5 minutes ago, MageTank said:

If only they had a way to make smart bicycle riders. Then traffic downtown wouldn't be as hectic as it is...

I swear to GabeN the people who don't just go to the trails in my city to ride are assholes. They are taking up way too much space on these tight roads and it causes a huge traffic hazard.

When it's summer time there's people running on the road here as well. Pisses me off.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

"Smart" bike, made and marketed by dumb ass.

Will people actually spend their effort to design something useful?

Just now, Deli said:

"Smart" bike, made and marketed by dumb ass.

Will people actually spend their effort to design something useful?

To be fair, this is a Chinese company and I think a lot of Chinese folk primarily use bikes to get around.

I wish I lived in a location that would allow bicycling to locations like work or a super market in 20 minutes or less, as opposed to 2 hours, because that's pretty dope.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

sure add some weight to the bike, also i hope the electronics are 100% waterproof because spashproof isn't going to cut it if you ever have to drive trough thick mud or a rather shallow stream. also a smartbike isn't going to make better bike riders but rather more distracted bikeriders who don't know where to go checking the build in gps. I also wonder what the premium price is going to bne and repair costs of the inevideble broken electronics

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

13 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

To be fair, this is a Chinese company and I think a lot of Chinese folk primarily use bikes to get around.

I live in the Netherlands. We have more bicycles than people. But the so-called "smart" features of the bike can be done with simple bicycle computer and a cheap smart phone.

LeEco"s smart bike will be expensive, but not adding anything valuable to the actual riding experience.

Meh, its ok but that style and well price... My phone mounted on my bike works just as well and my old Lumia 925 has Here maps installed so I am good to go there.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

That's a dumb bike.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx