AMD GPU Drivers

zane1214

Ok so I see there are lots of people out there with the same issue but no one has asked with the GPU I have so I'll ask.

I have a R9 290 and when I try to start "Battlefield 1" I get this message,
"Detected AMD Radeon driver version 16.15.2211. The required driver version is 16.20.1025. Please update.........."
I know my GPU can run the game. I understand that some older cards cant update past a certain point. But this cant surely be the case with mine as its not even that old. I have no issue with any other titles.

Can anyone help please am at my wites end. I use AMD Crimson (I think) 

Well, you need to update your drivers, it seems like Crimson isn't good at finding updates and that you'll need to fully uninstall and reinstall the drivers, judging by this:

Sig under construction.

Trust me I tried that I cant update past 16.15.2211.

16.20.1025 doesn't seem to be available to me at all

Ah ok so if I uninstall the software that might force update it? great I'll try that now

15 minutes ago, zane1214 said:

Ok so I see there are lots of people out there with the same issue but no one has asked with the GPU I have so I'll ask.

I have a R9 290 and when I try to start "Battlefield 1" I get this message,
"Detected AMD Radeon driver version 16.15.2211. The required driver version is 16.20.1025. Please update.........."
I know my GPU can run the game. I understand that some older cards cant update past a certain point. But this cant surely be the case with mine as its not even that old. I have no issue with any other titles.

Can anyone help please am at my wites end. I use AMD Crimson (I think) 

just update it.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just updating doesn't work. Uninstalled crimson.  Will reinstall and see how I get on. Not keeping my hopes up tho. 

I know what driver I need but I just can't seem to update past the one I have. 

Just updating doesn't work. Uninstalled crimson.  Will reinstall and see how I get on. Not keeping my hopes up tho. 

I know what driver I need but I just can't seem to update past the one I have.