Pre-sleeved cables vs sleeving my own

InsertName
3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yep and the sleeving material of course.

I swapped out the pin remover for sleeve, I can macgyver one if necessary. I will try and see if my dad has any of the tools, and my uncle is an electrician so he may allow me to borrow them, or I may just buy some.

5 minutes ago, InsertName said:

I swapped out the pin remover for sleeve, I can macgyver one if necessary. I will try and see if my dad has any of the tools, and my uncle is an electrician so he may allow me to borrow them, or I may just buy some.

It can be done but will require a bit of handy work, I did make one myself by thinning down some spring steel and making an acrylic handle. 

Not a problem. Also you might want look at closed Cable Combs as well.

I use Lamptron Pin Removal kit. It's a bit more expensive since it cover every pin you can find on the PSU. I mainly got it for Fans & ATX.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Not a problem. Also you might want look at closed Cable Combs as well.

I use Lamptron Pin Removal kit. It's a bit more expensive since it cover every pin you can find on the PSU. I mainly got it for Fans & ATX.

I think AI am going to get good tools if I am doing this. Can you link me the good tools you use please. Thanks!

Just now, Revan654 said:

Everything I listed is what I use and nothing more (Except for a pin removal tool).

I meat tips for rainbow cutting, so the cable has a nice bend.

1 minute ago, InsertName said:

I meat tips for rainbow cutting, so the cable has a nice bend.

It just depends if you want to arc the cable or not. If so you have to cut the one cable longer then the other.

1 minute ago, Revan654 said:

It just depends if you want to arc the cable or not. If so you have to cut the one cable longer then the other.

Ok, thanks :D. I was thinking of just getting the crimping tool @W-L linked and using that to start, and upgrading later

14 minutes ago, InsertName said:

Ok, thanks :D. I was thinking of just getting the crimping tool @W-L linked and using that to start, and upgrading later

Arcs are a bit more difficult to pull off. Just takes a bit more time and patience.

12 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Arcs are a bit more difficult to pull off. Just takes a bit more time and patience.

I'll just do straight for now :D

On 08/01/2017 at 5:16 PM, Revan654 said:

I have decided to get the cheap tool, and borrow cutters and a stripper for now. I will order them today, will update with my first wire.

21 hours ago, InsertName said:

I have decided to get the cheap tool, and borrow cutters and a stripper for now. I will order them today, will update with my first wire.

I assume you mean Barrow as in the company. It's a good second tier company specially with watercooling. Specially if Bitspower is to expensive.

-----------

2 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I assume you mean Barrow as in the company. It's a good second tier company specially with watercooling. Specially if Bitspower is to expensive.

I mean borrow, from someone. My dad has some :D.

7 minutes ago, InsertName said:

I mean borrow, from someone. My dad has some :D.

ah, I was looking at watercooling parts. My mind just went to Barrow fittings. Well you save some money their, Since they are the most expensive tool for sleeving.

--------

I found these Photos that I never got around to posting. They may help you while sleeving and give you an idea how short the melt should be.

MBaJ79N.jpg

DQgkqW5.jpg

q9W5cpa.jpg

1 minute ago, Revan654 said:

ah, I was looking at watercooling parts. My mind just went to Barrow fittings. Well you save some money their, Since they are the most expensive tool for sleeving.

--------

I found these Photos that I never got around to posting. They may help you while sleeving and give you an idea how short the melt should be.

undefined.jpg

DQgkqW5.jpg

q9W5cpa.jpg

Thank you. The website I was going to order from is down, so back to the drawing board.

2 hours ago, InsertName said:

The second one will work and the first looks like it has a set of jaws that will be good for molex crimps. The third however isn't for molex terminals.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

The second one will work and the first looks like it has a set of jaws that will be good for molex crimps. The third however isn't for molex terminals.

So the cheapest?

1 minute ago, InsertName said:

So the cheapest?

That will work it just may not be as smooth as some of the ones like from MDPC and such. 

Just now, W-L said:

That will work it just may not be as smooth as some of the ones like from MDPC and such. 

Ok, but I thought the draper one is pretty good because of the ones on top, but thanks!

24 minutes ago, W-L said:

So the Draper one is useless?