$6600 High End Build

GosuBear
1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

How did you find these sections?

Been there for almost two years, you figure this stuff out.

12 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

No offense, but you're just showing off how long you've known it. You haven't said anything about how you found it. I can't find any links on the main page.

I said on completed builds. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. On forum posts or completed builds, some people put those things in their build. They aren't listed anywhere obvious.

You need a high speed sli bridge if your going to sli titan xps

3 hours ago, Aereldor said:

No offense, but you're just showing off how long you've known it. You haven't said anything about how you found it. I can't find any links on the main page.

Google? 

58 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Google? 

I know, I know. I was just saying @HeroXLazer didn't say anything about how he found it.

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

I know, I know. I was just saying @HeroXLazer didn't say anything about how he found it.

I'm sorry for not telling you guys. I said where I found it on my last post.

2 minutes ago, HeroXLazer said:

I'm sorry for not telling you guys. I said where I found it on my last post.

No need to apologize. I'm not mad. Thanks for showing us this; it's hilarious that PCPartPicker has a Food section.

17 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

No need to apologize. I'm not mad. Thanks for showing us this; it's hilarious that PCPartPicker has a Food section.

Yah, I love the food section. On the request part addition part of the PCPP forum, I may just ask to add some Coke or Pepsi.

1 minute ago, HeroXLazer said:

Yah, I love the food section. On the request part addition part of the PCPP forum, I may just ask to add some Coke or Pepsi.

You might consider putting 'Resident PCPartPicker Expert' in as your member title. I think you get to display one after you hit 500 posts or something.

10 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

You might consider putting 'Resident PCPartPicker Expert' in as your member title. I think you get to display one after you hit 500 posts or something.

Maybe, at least I finally put a profile pic up (Fosen Aquamarine Clear Top).

Haha, $6,600 is way too much for a gaming PC, but I see you've made a revised build.

The only things I'd really change in the revised build are the sound card, and get a different SSD.

MX300, Samsung Evo, etc. 

If you're going with a large home theater set up, I'd really get a receiver instead. If you want to control the volume with a desk mounted knob, grab a Griffin PowerMate.

The CPU cooler might look a little odd in white too, since you don't have any other white in the build.

The RAM is also a bit more than it needs to be.

I saw that you mentioned 90fps in some instances, yet you had a 60hz monitor in the list.

If you have a 60hz monitor, higher fps is useless.

Just make sure your minimums are good.

12 hours ago, GosuBear said:

Arent they both CPUs? So why would one trump over the other? And ryzen can overclock to 5GHz but i have not yet made up my mind if i would like to overclock or not yet.

I was thinking about it with the h115i but i didnt know which would be better in the low noise yet powerful situation. 

Rumored.

The sound comes down to the fans, mostly. If you really want quiet, get whichever cooler you like and upgrade the fans.

Also, if you're not overclocking why are you getting an unlocked i7?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 1/3/2017 at 10:14 PM, dizmo said:

Haha, $6,600 is way too much for a gaming PC, but I see you've made a revised build.

The only things I'd really change in the revised build are the sound card, and get a different SSD.

MX300, Samsung Evo, etc. 

If you're going with a large home theater set up, I'd really get a receiver instead. If you want to control the volume with a desk mounted knob, grab a Griffin PowerMate.

The CPU cooler might look a little odd in white too, since you don't have any other white in the build.

The RAM is also a bit more than it needs to be.

I saw that you mentioned 90fps in some instances, yet you had a 60hz monitor in the list.

If you have a 60hz monitor, higher fps is useless.

Just make sure your minimums are good.

Rumored.

The sound comes down to the fans, mostly. If you really want quiet, get whichever cooler you like and upgrade the fans.

Also, if you're not overclocking why are you getting an unlocked i7?

I have a revised-revised build in the making. And i also am thinking about overclocking in the future. As this will be my first official gaming PC, building from scratch, i want to make sure i have some experience of what components does what and how far i can push the limit prior to stunting the life span of certain components. Also, i have changed my monitor and the color scheme of my build into black and white. which is common but yet elegant in a new tower which is also in the newer build i am working on. I am still trying to think which to get when it comes to a z270/7700k (Which is rumored to be a let down) or a z170/6700k (Which from experience and fellow forum members says its really reliable and the best atm). But let me know if you think this build would look good or not.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/gosubear/saved/#view=nrsK8d

Like i said in OP, I dont care for prices. I am looking for elegance + performance in HTPC/Gaming. This is probably the cheapest i can see myself going too. But if there are BETTER suggestions + Lower prices, i will not complain. Or Better components with a little bit extra is also fine. Remember, i am trying to keep this PC for about 3-4 years before having to upgrade.

47 minutes ago, GosuBear said:

-snip-

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/gosubear/saved/#view=nrsK8d

Like i said in OP, I dont care for prices. I am looking for elegance + performance in HTPC/Gaming. This is probably the cheapest i can see myself going too. But if there are BETTER suggestions + Lower prices, i will not complain. Or Better components with a little bit extra is also fine. Remember, i am trying to keep this PC for about 3-4 years before having to upgrade.

You wouldn't even know if you'd shortened the lifespan of the components. It doesn't really shorten them that much, and most can last many many years unless you really screw something up.

Kaby is only a disappointment to those who had unrealistic expectations. It's the same improvement that Intel chips have had for years. The platform is the larger improvement, as well as the mobile chips. It's also no less reliable.

As for the build:

• Is the HDD just for mass storage, or will you put games on it? If it's also a programs drive, I'd look at 7200rpm units as 5400rpm is quite slow.
  • Are you using all the features of that motherboard? I have a feeling there cheaper ones that would still fit the color scheme.
  • That power supply is absolutely ridiculous. Too powerful, and you're actually less efficient.
  • With that monitor I'd actually suggest going with the 1080Ti.

If you want to maintain the best performance, upgrading the GPU in 2-3 years is the only way go to. Even the highest tier graphics card will start to show its age (relative to the current top dog) around that time.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

34 minutes ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

Just a heads up - the technology industry is moving so fast that "future proofing" isn't very popular because it is recommended that you spend say $3000 USD on an amazing machine and save the other $3000 USD for upgrades. This is because even if you buy the best parts now, next year, something will trump it and as such with many company doing a tick tock cycle (new redesign then a refresh and so on) every two years you can expect a brand new era of performance as seen with people getting GTX 980Ti's just before the GTX 1080 came out in hopes of future proofing - With the GTX 1080 we were brought into the realm of near ultra 4K on almost all AAA titles.

Yeah future proofing a complete computer build would be awesome. And like you said many things will come out over time and such. But i am not looking for a complete future proof build. Just a build that can compete with my demands in performance but also dont need maintenance or replacing to do. Hence why i want to best now so 3-4 years later it can still be my comfortable little piece of equipment with very minimal replacements/maintenance. If you keep a mindset that things will keep getting better and that you have to get the best out everytime. Best in slot mentality. You will keep spending more and more. Just because a new thing comes out doesnt mean it is always better and it doesnt mean it is worth it.

Heh, if you're prepared to drop $6.6K on a PC, might as well get this and make me jealous in the process.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder