Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Greenlink74

Recieved a strange app named "Memz"

Recommended Posts

I would highly suggest not doing it if its this:

 

 

Do it in a VM

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

the joke is on you, never run a program received via email. gmail & MS forefront blocks executables for a reason

all EXE's are harmless in Windows 10. I had to post this from my laptop because that MEMZ application trashed my PC

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I would highly suggest not doing it if its this:

 

 

Do it in a VM

It trashed my PC, but instead of the Nyan Cat, it says "GRAND DEAD, Thanks for the awesome streams Joel!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Memz is indeed a dank MLG 420 whatever virus that is annoying AF.

 

Don't touch it, there are different versions of it floating around and some of them contain some awful payloads you don't want to even know about...


If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greenlink74 said:

all EXE's are harmless in Windows 10

why do you think all executables are harmless? they are anything but harmless


             ☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Memz is indeed a dank MLG 420 whatever virus that is annoying AF.

 

Don't touch it, there are different versions of it floating around and some of them contain some awful payloads you don't want to even know about...

Well, it trashed my PC, it was apperantlly VineMEMZ

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greenlink74 said:

all EXE's are harmless in Windows 10. I had to post this from my laptop because that MEMZ application trashed my PC

.exe's are far from harmless in Windows 10 lmfao

 

The only way a Windows OS won't be bothered by a .exe is if it's an ARM version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greenlink74 said:

It trashed my PC, but instead of the Nyan Cat, it says "GRAND DEAD, Thanks for the awesome streams Joel!"

Well, there goes your MBR...

You might be able to recover everything tho, i would however declare every storage medium connected to your hard drive infected and only connect it to linux systems, afaik it doesn't work on that.


If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Well, there goes your MBR...

You might be able to recover everything tho, i would however declare every storage medium connected to your hard drive infected and only connect it to linux systems, afaik it doesn't work on that.

If I put my HD contents on a different PC, it'll be safe, even if MEMZ attatches itself to each EXE, BAT, and .COM file

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greenlink74 said:

If I put my HD contents on a different PC, it'll be safe, even if MEMZ attatches itself to each EXE, BAT, and .COM file

The thing is, you can't know for sure if it's the legit VineMEMZ unless you figure out all the payloads.

It's perfectly possible someone added a keylogger or whatever :/

 

Again, be safe, treat everything as infected and only connect the drives to a linux system if you want to make a backup. Or just go for gold and format all the drives...


If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

.exe's are far from harmless in Windows 10 lmfao

 

The only way a Windows OS won't be bothered by a .exe is if it's an ARM version.

hey, buddy, you don't have a XFX Twin Frozr III, there is only 2 in existence, and they both are up in Seattle WA
Also, you dont have the GTX 480 engineering sample, if you do, send me a pic and roast me..
When you take the pic, take it by the monitor with this post..

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Greenlink74 said:

hey, buddy, you don't have a XFX Twin Frozr III, there is only 2 in existence, and they both are up in Seattle WA
Also, you dont have the GTX 480 engineering sample, if you do, send me a pic and roast me..
When you take the pic, take it by the monitor with this post..

He has a mod thread on it. Google "xfx twin frozr iii gtx edition" and the first link is his thread. 


Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Greenlink74 said:

hey, buddy, you don't have a XFX Twin Frozr III, there is only 2 in existence, and they both are up in Seattle WA
Also, you dont have the GTX 480 engineering sample, if you do, send me a pic and roast me..
When you take the pic, take it by the monitor with this post..

Idiot

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

the joke is on you, never run a program received via email. gmail & MS forefront blocks executables for a reason

Only run them if they are something like freemusic.mp3.exe or porn.mp4.exe

 

Those ones are perfectly safe.

 

/s

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Greenlink74 said:

hey, buddy, you don't have a XFX Twin Frozr III, there is only 2 in existence, and they both are up in Seattle WA
Also, you dont have the GTX 480 engineering sample, if you do, send me a pic and roast me..
When you take the pic, take it by the monitor with this post..

You seem slightly uneducated. 

No offence. But you did click the random exe sent in an email to you...


USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Whitelist | PSU Tier List F@H stats

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Greenlink74 said:

hey, buddy, you don't have a XFX Twin Frozr III, there is only 2 in existence, and they both are up in Seattle WA
Also, you dont have the GTX 480 engineering sample, if you do, send me a pic and roast me..
When you take the pic, take it by the monitor with this post..

CHECKMATE

 

20170103_103058.jpg

20161105_224217.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2017 at 5:29 PM, Greenlink74 said:

all EXE's are harmless in Windows 10.

This is not even close to true.  For the health of all PCs everywhere, please don't believe this and never tell anyone this again xD 


Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 1/2/2017 at 7:32 PM, tmcclelland455 said:

.exe's are far from harmless in Windows 10 lmfao

 

The only way a Windows OS won't be bothered by a .exe is if it's an ARM version.

Are you still active? I just got my hands on a Pentium G4560..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×