If you game on mobile, are you technically a gamer??

Greenlink74

If you game on mobile, are you technically a gamer??  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If you game on mobile, are you technically a gamer??

If you game on mobile, are you technically a gamer?? I think so but others think not..

Definitely, no questioning it.

Myanimelist | F@H stats |

Spoiler

| CPU: I7-4790k OC'D to 4.5Ghz | GPU: GTX 970 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2 x 8 GBS (stock 2133Mhz) OC'd | Case : NZXT Phantom 410 | Displays: Asus VG248QE 24" & VE228TR 21.5" | PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-UK 650W | CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 | Storage: ? Kingston 240 GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB  | Keyboard: Logitech 213 Prodigy | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Headphones: Sennheiser hd380 pro | Mic: MXL 550 | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

I think I have an interesting stance on this. While I wouldn't call someone who plays Clash Royale or whatever all the time a "gamer," a game is a game nonetheless and thus they're admittedly undeniably a gamer. 

Also "gamer" is a stupid term.

EDIT: Also wouldn't call myself a gamer even though I play games on a computer, on my phone, and on my 3DS. I don't play enough games with enough frequency, plus I hate the term gamer. I have a "gaming" keyboard but I didn't get it because it's called gaming. Same goes for mouse.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Just now, Manage My Cables said:

Yes, Gaming is gaming. Doesn't matter how you consume your interactive media.

Same as you can be a gamer if you play arcade games.

Myanimelist | F@H stats |

Spoiler

| CPU: I7-4790k OC'D to 4.5Ghz | GPU: GTX 970 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2 x 8 GBS (stock 2133Mhz) OC'd | Case : NZXT Phantom 410 | Displays: Asus VG248QE 24" & VE228TR 21.5" | PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-UK 650W | CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 | Storage: ? Kingston 240 GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB  | Keyboard: Logitech 213 Prodigy | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Headphones: Sennheiser hd380 pro | Mic: MXL 550 | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

7 minutes ago, Greenlink74 said:

If you game on mobile, are you technically a gamer?? I think so but others think not..

Those #PCMASTERRACE people can really just stop this. If you play games on your console, your a gamer. If you play your 3DS, your a gamer. If you play your NES, your a gamer. If you play a game, your a gamer...

I NEEDED WINDOWS 10 64-BIT SO BADLYxD

The awesome build

Ram: DDR400 2.5 GB   GPU: It's big, that's all I know   Case: A red box   Motherboard: My mother hates me   HDD: I don't have one, I threw it against the wall and it broke, so it is a softdrive   CPU: Intel Pentium 3, Quake get's rekt   OS: Microshaft Winblows XP

Here comes a beast of a laptop, the TravelMate 5742, it's so bad (get the reference )

Ram : 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM  (1066Mhz)     CPU :  Intel Core i5 480M / 2.66 GHz (It turbo's up to 2.93 GHz)     GPU :  Intel HD Graphics     HDD : 500GB (5400 rpm) OS : Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Build 1607)

You can call yourself whatever you like, it won't change anything

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

6 minutes ago, Energycore said:

You can call yourself whatever you like, it won't change anything

Except if you call yourself a child molester. I don't suggest you do that... Police men can be right around the corner...

The awesome build

Ram: DDR400 2.5 GB   GPU: It's big, that's all I know   Case: A red box   Motherboard: My mother hates me   HDD: I don't have one, I threw it against the wall and it broke, so it is a softdrive   CPU: Intel Pentium 3, Quake get's rekt   OS: Microshaft Winblows XP

Here comes a beast of a laptop, the TravelMate 5742, it's so bad (get the reference )

Ram : 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM  (1066Mhz)     CPU :  Intel Core i5 480M / 2.66 GHz (It turbo's up to 2.93 GHz)     GPU :  Intel HD Graphics     HDD : 500GB (5400 rpm) OS : Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Build 1607)

Does the term "gamer" even matters? Do people think that term makes one a better player over the other? Seriously, unless thats for some sort of professional orientation, in the gaming industry, i dont understand why its relevant.

Groomlake Authority

3 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

Except if you call yourself a child molester. I don't suggest you do that... Police men can be right around the corner...

You can call yourself that if you like. Just don't tell anybody ;)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

KABOOM!

Just kidding

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Nah! Unless you have a multi thousand pound (dollar WHY ) desktop rig you are  nothing.

xD

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Or a bomb carrier, suicidal psycopath, etc...

Yeah, definitely not those.

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Does the term "gamer" even matters? Do people think that term makes one a better player over the other? Seriously, unless thats for some sort of professional orientation, in the gaming industry, i dont understand why its relevant.

I think it came from people that think people who play games on a computer is not normal and is nerdy and SHOULD DIE! (sorry,I got carried away...). It's like people that call you a nerd when you can use technology...

The awesome build

1 minute ago, Factory OC said:

Yeah, definitely not those.

I think it came from people that think people who play games on a computer is not normal and is nerdy and SHOULD DIE! (sorry,I got carried away...). It's like people that call you a nerd when you can use technology...

I see people shitpost on the Geforce forums about Game Consoles..

1 minute ago, Factory OC said:

-snip-

God, but those people are the ones that SHOULD DIE!

They do what they like and i do what i like, in the end, were all humans and none is superior to the other -.-

Sheesh, i wanna see how those anti-technologists would have modern water, lighting and transport methods with intelligent features.... because if nerds didnt exist, those things would neither.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, Greenlink74 said:

I see people shitpost on the Nvidia forums about Game Consoles..

I feel sorry for Nvidia, because people hate that Nintendo consoles are under powered in this age. Maybe they shouldn't have made a deal with Nintendo...

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

They do what they like and i do what i like, in the end, were all humans and none is superior to the other -.-

Sheesh, i wanna see how those anti-technologists would have modern water, lighting and transport methods with intelligent features.... because if nerds didn't exist, those things would neither.

Thank you. Someone gets the memo. People think nerds are lonely, desperate, weak people...

The awesome build

17 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

I feel sorry for Nvidia, because people hate that Nintendo consoles are under powered in this age. Maybe they shouldn't have made a deal with Nintendo...

People don't understand the difference between:

- A console that knows what it is and priced accordingly.

and

- A console that tries to be a $2000 state of the art gaming system.

The deal with Nintendo has nothing to do with the hardware decision by Nintendo. Nintendo goes to Nvidia, and says: "We are looking for this, with these requirements, at this price ideally, and we want this many... what can you do for us?". If Nvidia goes: "Oh, you are targeting the game console to be $300, so your budget for the CPU/GPU is $50... ok here is a GeForce 4 MX!!! LOLz!", then this isn't Nintendo fault (assuming that they get similar hardware for the price with other manufactures).

Nvidia chips are known to be expensive. They don't sale things for cheap to anyone. Why do you think every console switched to AMD? AMD offer is cheaper for the same performance (and now helped further with their APU chip). Nintendo is clearly done with AMD and IBM after a VERY long relationship. As a consumer, we can only hope that Nvidia is open to actually moving their Tegra chip and giving a good deal and not be greedy here.

it doesn't matter imo, aslong as you play games you are a gamer nomather how you play those games

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

If you play tablet top games, you are a gamer, so I don't see what the problem is with mobile. Isn't something like the 3DS consider mobile?

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

If you play any interactive video game on a occasion, you are a gamer in my book.

Calling a person not a gamer because the phone game is perhaps too primitive to your liking or is on a phone, is like calling a person that likes to play racing games, or fps, or whatever genre you don't like as "none-gamers".

Gamer is a gamer. Creating the environment of "You are not worthy enougth to be called a 'gamer' ", is silly, it only divides people which doesn't encourage them to play other genres, or interested in trying to under "gamers". The "elitist" mentality is what creates failure and monkery against another group.

For example, people laughing/insulting at eSports, people laughing/insulting at "gamers", and the reverse is done. Heck, I believe, that Linux lack of growth in the consumer market and on PCs is due of the mentality that the community has of not being opened, and as a result, in the PC space, Linux has not really grown since the 90's. Very sad.

Whether you play on console, mobile phone, or PC you are a gamer. If you like Nintendo games, then excellent! If you like Angry Birds! Awesome! If you like Witcher 3, COD, or DOTA, or Need for Speed, it doesn't matter, you are a gamer, and all are welcomed, at least in book.

NOTE: When I say "gamer", I am talking about in the context of video games. But if you play board games, card games, slot machines, you are a gamer as well.

Sadly, yes.

But IMO it depends what you play.

I for example play GT2 on my phone with an emulator, or pokemon sapphire/ruby.

Which are games because they require at least an understanding what you are actually doing.

With most mobile games sadly, that isn't the case. If you can let a robot play the game with a couple of simple If X then Y functions, it's not a game...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Yes you're a gamer, you're just not a high end gamer.
(Nor medium end or peasant for the matter)

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)