Android apps on unsupported chromebook

So my sister just got a new Asus c201p Chromebook and she wanted to get Android apps on it, but hers isnt supported. From what I know she should still be able to get them according to Google but the little button that would enable google play on the device isnt in settings of the page. Ive heard you can still get them but I dont know how to. If you guys could help that would be great. Thanks! 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Ever heard of intalling APKs manually? That'll probably work. Basically, go on an APK site, download them onto her laptop, install them, and then it should work. If you're lucky, maybe the original issue might be fixed after doing so.

1 minute ago, adithyay328 said:

Ever heard of intalling APKs manually? That'll probably work. Basically, go on an APK site, download them onto her laptop, install them, and then it should work. If you're lucky, maybe the original issue might be fixed after doing so.

For stuff like Roblox? 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Especially stuff like Roblox. I did that for pokemon GO because I was in India with fam when it dropped, so I got it via apk. I 'm very sure they have APK for Roblox, but be careful where you get it from.

1 minute ago, adithyay328 said:

Especially stuff like Roblox. I did that for pokemon GO because I was in India with fam when it dropped, so I got it via apk. I 'm very sure they have APK for Roblox, but be careful where you get it from.

Where would you reccomend? 

Spoiler

AXIOM

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

For stuff like Roblox? 

There is a high chance your laptop is not yet supported for Android apps.

https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/chrome-os-systems-supporting-android-apps <- looking at this the laptop seems to be in the line for android apps but its likely not going to be ready until a little later this year.

There is a method to get the Android store to work using some software called Arc but its hit or miss currently and may not work at all.

https://9to5google.com/2016/10/06/how-to-get-android-apps-running-on-almost-any-chromebook-right-now-video/

Please note for the above method to work you need to enable developer mode in ChromeOS to even access the shell needed, this WILL wipe your device and remove any security features enabled, follow at your own risk.

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

Understand that many apk's are infected, and is almost unnoticeable. https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-find-out-if-your-google-account-has-been-hacked/ I'm not sure if it would apply to chromebooks, probably not. run a check on those packages.

Oh? Well hello there! Notice me please!

Specs!

CPU: A AMD A10 APU

HDD: like, 1 terabyte

RAM: 2x4 gig sticks of kingston DDR3

GPU: heheh- the amd A10 APU with radeon graphics oh wow

PSU: What ever is inside this thing

MOBO: same thing as the psu

Hah. this is my laptop. spooked.