Corsair h100i or swiftech h220

Im going to be upgrading my system soon and i wanted to install a closed loop cpu cooler. I don't want to build a custom loop simply because of the amount of work and maintenance that is required to build one also I'm only 13 years old so i haven't got the money to invest into a fancy water cooling loop.

So because this is a system upgrade and not just a cooling upgrade, i don't want to be spending all of my money on just a cooler because i want to get a new motherboard, new GPU and a new case.

So i have narrowed it down to two different coolers. The corsair h100i and the Swiftech h220. I have seen good reviews for both of these on youtube but i am still not sure. So could someone please help me and

Tell me which one is better for an fx8320.

Also could someone tell me if there are any better closed loop coolers out there in the $0-$150 range

Thanks.

Double Post

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Swiftech H220 is better.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

get the 220 if you can get it

you can always expand it into a custom loop later....   win win

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Double Post

. Yeah i just realised it. How do i delete the other one?

get the 220 if you can get it

you can always expand it into a custom loop later.... win win

Is the 220 hard to fill when its mounted at the top of a fractal design define r4?

. Yeah i just realised it. How do i delete the other one?

Report it to a mod

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Is the 220 hard to fill when its mounted at the top of a fractal design define r4?

well it comes filled so you wont need to....

but if you expand....you just unmount it and fill it.....or you can drill a hole the size of the fill port in the top of the case and then you can fill it mounted....

but to help keeping air out....you would probably want to unmount and fill...

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

get neither! 

The cooler master glacier just came out! Its the same thing as the h220 but it has cooler master branding and it costs less! I read about it on toms hardware here are some links:    

Newegg page:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103196

Tome Hardware Post:http://www.tomshardware.com/news/cooler-master-glacer-240l-swiftech,24798.html

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

It would appear the Swiftech H220 is the way to go.  Check out Linus' benchmarks/comparison here 

• 5 months later...

It would appear the Swiftech H220 is the way to go.  Check out Linus' benchmarks/comparison here 

Thanks for the vid..

man.. now i want an h220

The pump is atleast pwm, a H100i's pump is easily audible from a meter :P