Logitech LED Controller on Linux

Hello everyone at LTT forums,

I was wondering if anyone here has messed around with a Logitech G series keyboard on Linux, or if you might know enough about Linux to help me troubleshoot something.

In short I am trying to control the LED back light on my G610 keyboard using Linux Mint, (otherwise the LED back light stuck on the wave effect) so I stumbled across this post on Github (click here for Github) and it appears to address my needs, however when I go to modify the /etc/g810-led/profile file, the changes do not appear to take when modifying the file via sudo gedit..

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for reading!

-Benjamin 

i dont have that model but i did use another backlight keyboard that required the following command to turn on led

xset led 3

try different numbers from 1 to 32

To set LED states off or on:
    -led [1-32]         led off
     led [1-32]         led on
    -led named 'name'   led off
     led named 'name'   led on

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

58 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

i dont have that model but i did use another backlight keyboard that required the following command to turn on led

try different numbers from 1 to 32

Hmm, can't seem to get this to do anything either. Although the issue I'm having more or less is just that the keyboard has the default "scrolling" effect and I just want to change it to a solid effect.

-

the xset led 3 command only really effected my scroll lock indicator light instead of the entire keyboard backlight itself.

1 hour ago, Private Browser said:

Hmm, can't seem to get this to do anything either. Although the issue I'm having more or less is just that the keyboard has the default "scrolling" effect and I just want to change it to a solid effect.

-

the xset led 3 command only really effected my scroll lock indicator light instead of the entire keyboard backlight itself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comments/4fovul/2_reasons_why_our_new_logitech_keyboard_g610_is/

apparently its brightness key + number pad

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I saw that Reddit post, which is unfortunate because the Logitech driver works beautifully on Windows (haven't tested on my macOS machines yet). But I just wish there was a way to get the driver running on Linux because this is a fantastic keyboard that I really am enjoying. But then again I may need to just re-evaluate my use of Linux as there are other serious issues that I have run into with every Linux distribution I have tried to use, so it is safe to say that they are Linux issues in general.

Since Linux isn't my primary operating system yet I'll just make due with it for the time being.

Edit: I will try the comment that hackalog mentioned, as I didn't see that comment earlier, thank you for re-linking me to that post.

• 2 months later...

Hi, hope I'm not interrupting, if you're interested in controlling the leds on you keyboard, I have a project on github LogiGSK and your keyboard is one of the supported types and the software is very easy to install, there is a GUI to control the leds and there is a Linux daemon to keep the profile you choose on startup or after resume from suspend or hibernate. Please note that not all keyboard layouts are available (currently US_QWERTY only for G810, G610, G410 and both US_QWERTY and UK_QWERTY for all G910 models). If your layout is not included and you want it to be added just open an issue and I'll add it as soon as possible. I would appreciate any feedback from you since I haven't come across many G610 owners, cheers.

• 11 months later...

This post is a year old, but just for those who stumble upon it - The button just above the Pause/Break key works as a toggle. On startup just press it and the zero key together and the wave effect goes away.

• 1 year later...

Hi Mohamad,

Is it possible for you to add the G213 layout to your project.

Regards, Franko46

Hi Mohamad,

Is it possible for you to add the G213 layout to your project.

Regards, Franko46

logitech g213.png