Zotac Releases an ITX GTX 1080

goodtofufriday
12 hours ago, LegendKillerRG said:

Blower style isn't efficient enough to keep the heat down,you'll almost always get higher temperature with a blower style compared to open air style so Zotac probably assumed you've already have good enough airflow. Heck, look at Gigabytes Brix GT :D

they have their use according to this, thats why im asking.

11 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

They arent that hard to find are they?

Nah, I wouldn't say Nano's are hard to find.  I just think you might have actually known what you've been doing with one, where others online could likely be more of a wildcard.

8 hours ago, Energycore said:

They fit two fans into that bitch? I'll be damned. Does it fit into a PC-Q05?

And one's larger than the other. Non symmetry is the worst :c

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

16 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

nice, except they still put DVI on it........   What part of "we want single slot" do they not understand?  Let the hacksawing commence

@iamdarkyoshi

How is removing the DVI connector going to help to make this card a single slot card? It still needs one slot for the heatsink and one slot for the fans. 

7 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

How is removing the DVI connector going to help to make this card a single slot card? It still needs one slot for the heatsink and one slot for the fans. 

Waterblocks would make most any card single slot.  Like my reference 980's with waterblocks, except the DVI is the only thing that sticks out into the 2nd slot.  People that need/want single slot right now either go with AMD or cut the dvi connector off.  I figured if you're going to make a small card, might as well make it single slot compatible.  DVI is still good and valid though, so I can see why they didn't 

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

wow, one of the best looking 1080s, better then the Gigabyte 1000 series cards, and about on par with the STRIX. i would love one of theese not just because its a 1080 but because it looks amazing

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

16 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

nice, except they still put DVI on it........   What part of "we want single slot" do they not understand?  Let the hacksawing commence

also @iamdarkyoshi was looking for a small 1080... yesterday...

Well i dont get DVI either But on the other hand Um even if you hacksaw it the cooler is still double slotted?

12 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Well i dont get DVI either But on the other hand Um even if you hacksaw it the cooler is still double slotted?

not for those that watercool, almost all waterblocks are a single slot width. Not that there is any waterblocks made for this card (yet) 

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

2 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

not for those that watercool, almost all waterblocks are a single slot width. Not that there is any waterblocks made for this card (yet) 

also Isnt the point of this card SFF wouldnt watercooling componets overall actually make it take up more room? 

24 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

also Isnt the point of this card SFF wouldnt watercooling componets overall actually make it take up more room? 

There are a ton of great sff water-cooled builds.  It makes the card half the size and allows you to move your "heatsinks" anywhere you can fit them instead of attached to the card.  Plus people that like watercooling will just always watercool and find a way to cram it in there, making it that much more impressive imo. 

Not bashing the card at all though, pretty dope they can cram it all in there :)

5 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

There are a ton of great sff water-cooled builds.  It makes the card half the size and allows you to move your "heatsinks" anywhere you can fit them instead of attached to the card.  Plus people that like watercooling will just always watercool and find a way to cram it in there, making it that much more impressive imo. 

Not bashing the card at all though, pretty dope they can cram it all in there :)

Yeah ive seen a few But Seems like an Incredibly small Niche to say the least.  Im curious how well it works on Air Guess this is because the 1080 is pretty power efficent it should do decent 

3 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

And one's larger than the other. Non symmetry is the worst :c

derp

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Looks pretty good, let's hope it doesn't have any cooling issues, and can still be pushed a little bit with overclocking.

Wonder if they'll do the same with the 1070...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

40 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Yeah ive seen a few But Seems like an Incredibly small Niche to say the least.  Im curious how well it works on Air Guess this is because the 1080 is pretty power efficent it should do decent 

If you're thinking of custom water cooling, yes.

However this is the tiny itx tower build people want when they go for a "water cooling itx" rig:

-h100i

-Founders or blower 1070 or 1080

Here are many such builds: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/VH2rxr

That right is fairly popular and it allows far better overclock of the 6700k on a relatively tiny case without spending too much or being limited by a 120 AIO that just can't cool as much as the h100i or other 240 AIOs out there.

Before this cases your only option was either compromise the clocks on the 6700k or going for a relatively large case that can house an h100i whereas now you can get much smaller cases with proper CPU cooling.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Meanwhile I run a full sized 1070 in my ITX system lol

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

I like the size and all, but I don't understand why people market cards as ITX, then use axial fans. Wouldn't be bad in a case that is properly ventilated for it, but the Node 202 is certainly not. Now I have to get rid of my ACX3.0 1070 and replace it with a blower card.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Some of those OEM ITX builds will not be able to fit in those cards, even if it's a ITX, like that Asus G20 desktop.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I think we've come pretty far in terms of how small we can have cards. I still do like what they've done with the penis extender on this 1080

its not itx, its just short. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Why Zotac and why does it look so ugly :D (personal opinions)?

Still, we surely need more compact heavy workload based products, since our future is highly aimed towards smaller physical footprints ^^.

Groomlake Authority

18 hours ago, tlink said:

they have their use according to this, thats why im asking.

That's why I put "you'll "almost always" get higher temperature with a blower style compared to open air style so "Zotac probably assumed" you've already have good enough airflow" because of these scenarios.