Really bad FPS in watchdogs 2

Chewique

I have an extremely capable PC (I5 6600k , GTX 1070 , 16gb ram) And i only run watchdogs 2 at 40 to 50 fps with dips to about 20 on ultra. Im only using 3gb of VRAM and  70% of the cpu when playing.

Any ideas why?

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

hows the GPU utilisation and what res?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, stealth80 said:

hows the GPU utilisation and what res?

1080p and again around 70%

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

1 minute ago, elpiop said:

Wait for the 1.09 update and hope they fix it. The game has so many performance problems at the moment. 

Ahh okay. I wasnt sure if it was something to do with the game or it was something wrong with my PC

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

2 minutes ago, Chewique said:

Ahh okay. I wasnt sure if it was something to do with the game or it was something wrong with my PC

It's the game Watchdogs 2 is poorly optimized for evreything

My life

Just now, Technicolors said:

yeah watch dogs 2 is very demanding game. i am not sure if patches will fix the issue. 

Yeah but even with like a Titan XP right now you'll still be getting 30 fps

My life

the game has a significant cpu overhead. you can see it when you drive or walk around downtown or any other populated region of SF. it's not much of an issue during indoor infiltration missions. reducing settings to medium or low does not seem to alleviate the overhead. using temporal filtering doesn't solve much either. the cause could possibly be traffic but i am not certain about that. 

and the gameworks features are pointless right now. only the SF Fog doesn't use too much gpu overhead, whereas PCSS, TXAA, etc. tank framerates. you might be able to with an SLI setup though

I'm not surprised.

I knew Ubisoft would fuck it up rofl

Ubisoft didn't entirely mess up watch dogs 2. if anything it's probably one of the best open-world games Ubisoft made in a while. i would give the gameworks affiliation the reason for its bad performance. and surprise, Ubisoft in the past has associated themselves with Nvidia as well. 

I noticed stuttering too with my gtx 1070 and i5-4690k, but only while driving fast enough, so I moved the game from HDD to SSD and since then no problems. Im playing in 4K almost everything maxed out at around 40fps (except i have temporal filtering on) .

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.