Facepalm/Disagree reaction

AlTech
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

We've already considered this when the forum was being updated. We're not adding the option(s). It would be a bad idea, and would discourage the peace and tranquility idea that we're trying to push on here.

So as far as I'm concerned, the answer is a no.

So here's what's up, I've come across posts on this forum that are actually complete and utter stupidity and garbage I may not agree with.

Hence, i'd like for a Disagree and a Facepalm button to be added to the reactions. Not adding them is basically the equivalent of censoring the forum.

Mods can complain about how this would bring an influx of dislike and hate but I'm sure it won't.

@colonel_mortis

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Not adding them is basically the equivalent of censoring the forum.

No it's not.

I've thought about a disagree/dislike option for a while! I completely agree!

Hello I agree a thumbs down button should be added

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

2 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

*facepalm*

And no, this would be very reddit style and instead of voicing exactly why people disagree they'll just hit the button and not contribute to the discussion in any way, while not having to defend their argument at all

Not necessarily. I could leave a disagree reaction and then explain why in a post.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

8 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

So here's what's up, I've come across posts on this forum that are actually complete and utter stupidity and garbage I may not agree with.

@colonel_mortis

Nice edit ?

I'm down with anything that encourages openly mocking others for their inadequacies.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Not adding them is basically the equivalent of censoring the forum.

Since when are you disallowed from stating your disapproval by other means, like, say, this post?

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Mods can complain about how this would bring an influx of dislike and hate but I'm sure it won't.

I think it will. I think it would promote a culture of argumentative laziness as people stop formulating a whole argument of disapproval and instead just click that button. I don't like it.

Not necessarily. I could leave a disagree reaction and then explain why in a post.

Would you though? At some point you'll think that you can't be bothered to leave the post, and so would a ton of people.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

no clue why it tagged colonel mortis in there

Cos he's the one who gets to decide whether or not something is added to the forum.

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Since when are you disallowed from stating your disapproval by other means, like, say, this post?

I think it will. I think it would promote a culture of argumentative laziness as people stop formulating a whole argument of disapproval and instead just click that button. I don't like it.

Would you though? At some point you'll think that you can't be bothered to leave the post, and so would a ton of people.

I agree with the fact that alot of people would just hit the button but I would actually state my opinion, but you guys do have a point about that.

If I was on mobile then of course I'm not gonna write an essay about why Product X is better than Product Y and why Downloading more RAM is a bad idea.

And does that mean you're ok with the facepalm reaction?

Cos he's the one who gets to decide whether or not something is added to the forum.

Oh wait I didn't see you typed that, I thought my phone randomly added a tag to your quote lol.

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

If I was on mobile then of course I'm not gonna write an essay about why Product X is better than Product Y and why Downloading more RAM is a bad idea.

And does that mean you're ok with the facepalm reaction?

I disagree with implementing such a thing.

If you're on your phone you could, you know, wait until you're on your keyboard? And if you can't be bothered doing that, then that topic really not as important to you as you may think,

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I agree with the fact that alot of people would just hit the button but I would actually state my opinion, but you guys do have a point about that.

I get you. But for the people who would state their opinion, there is no need, and for the people who wouldn't, it's a terrible idea.

We're talking about making hate easier, people. Is that what you really want?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

I disagree with implementing such a thing.

If you're on your phone you could, you know, wait until you're on your keyboard? And if you can't be bothered doing that, then that topic really not as important to you as you may think,

I get you. But for the people who would state their opinion, there is no need, and for the people who wouldn't, it's a terrible idea.

Yea I get you're point.

7 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Yes, it is, actually.

1 minute ago, SSL said:

Yes, it is, actually.

I am sorry to hear that.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

I am sorry to hear that.

See here:

I don't feel that this is a good idea especially with some of the more polarizing topics that come up day to day. It'd be like Pokemon Go where the one team with more people can flood the thread with dislikes. It's much more productive to quote and explain why the post is incorrect or poorly thought out.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

We've already considered this when the forum was being updated. We're not adding the option(s). It would be a bad idea, and would discourage the peace and tranquility idea that we're trying to push on here.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

6 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Then why do you allow people to post negative comments? Seems a tad hypocritical

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Then why do you allow people to post negative comments? Seems a tad hypocritical

Negative comments do not necessarily indicate attacking of another user, whereas something like "facepalm" could be used in an insulting and derogatory way. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

People can post dissenting comments, but in a nice way. Gotta maintain the tranquil facade of niceness at all costs.

15 minutes ago, SSL said:

People can post dissenting comments, but in a nice way. Gotta maintain the tranquil facade of niceness at all costs.

I hate you and your opinion is stupid. You are stupid and babies cry when they see you.

:)

there, that's allowed because of smily.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."