Porting games to the Nintendo Switch may be Difficult...

Mr.Meerkat
1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

What I'm talking about would require a complete rebuild.

So you need to replace internal parts or is it just cosmetics? If it's only cosmetics then what I said is exactly that :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

So you need to replace internal parts or is it just cosmetics? If it's only cosmetics then what I said is exactly that :P 

I need to replace the internals, which is next to impossible. I can't find any PS3's with the EE CPU, and Sony will no longer refurb the old B/C Fatboys (not that it did anything to begin with).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 12/30/2016 at 4:05 PM, Misanthrope said:

So which apologist argument we'll see?

1) Doesn't matters cause "muh Mario!"

2) Nintendo build it so they'll come, they'll jump through hoops for them this time because [citation needed]

3) All of the above.

I'm thinking 3)

I don't play basically any of the typical AAA games so it doesn't bother me.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

33 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

I don't play basically any of the typical AAA games so it doesn't bother me.  

So that's number 1) for you?

Honestly I feel that's the most honest answer of the pair but riddle me this: Being honest to yourself, is there any games where you'd go "This is only possible on a Nintendo console" when you know the PC is thriving with indie game and new experiences?

Even if you argue for motion controls it seems like if that's your thing (and it's extremely not my thing) the Vive on the PC is far more compelling wouldn't you say?

It leaves Nintendo with their first party titles and distinctly Japanese touch which is something, but not enough to sustain the kind of profits they have accomplished in the past.

-------

Current Rig

-------

38 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Honestly I feel that's the most honest answer of the pair but riddle me this: Being honest to yourself, is there any games where you'd go "This is only possible on a Nintendo console" when you know the PC is thriving with indie game and new experiences?

Even if you argue for motion controls it seems like if that's your thing (and it's extremely not my thing) the Vive on the PC is far more compelling wouldn't you say?

It leaves Nintendo with their first party titles and distinctly Japanese touch which is something, but not enough to sustain the kind of profits they have accomplished in the past.

Also let's not forget that Nintendo doesn't release many games.

are people seriously going to want to spend money on a console with maybe a couple games a year if that being released for it?

i just wish consoles would fucking die already.

i wish they died a long time ago.

imagine being able to play any game ever made on one platform, the superior platform with modularity and better hardware. 

7 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Get a new shell and spends a couple of hours transferring everything no?

I remember owning my 60GB Phat PS3...it got YLOD...I still cry ;-;

reball that bitch, that what i did to mine. planning on replacing the thermal paste between the cpu and the ihs to get back my sanity

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 12/30/2016 at 6:06 PM, nerdslayer1 said:

no one wants a 4k experience like they did with ps4"pro" people just wants to play games simple good looking game that works like the 3ds did. 

This is incorrect: Everybody would like a 4k experience but nobody can consistently deliver it on a reasonable price yet (the PS4 Pro it's still fucking crap and no a Titan X and accompanying rig is not a "reasonable price" for the general population).

If you hand a 3DS and a 2k screen tablet running the exact same game but looking noticeable better nobody will say "Give me the shittier version" that's just disingenuous wishful thinking of the highest order.

-------

Current Rig

-------

12 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

This is incorrect: Everybody would like a 4k experience but nobody can consistently deliver it on a reasonable price yet (the PS4 Pro it's still fucking crap and no a Titan X and accompanying rig is not a "reasonable price" for the general population).

If you hand a 3DS and a 2k screen tablet running the exact same game but looking noticeable better nobody will say "Give me the shittier version" that's just disingenuous wishful thinking of the highest order.

I know that Skylanders on my brother's iPad Air pretty much made the Wii pointless-it plays, runs and looks far better on the iPad (then again, his iPad is far more powerful than the Wii).

BTW Nintendo-infrared based controllers in general blow.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

16 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Smash Bros. Nuff said.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

On 12/30/2016 at 7:01 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Since when have we cared about ports on Nintendo anyway though?  No one buys a Nintendo console hoping to play the latest AAA games... it's for first party Nintendo games and that's it...

This is all that really needed to be said.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

That is until they look at the price points...

On 12/30/2016 at 7:01 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Since when have we cared about ports on Nintendo anyway though?  No one buys a Nintendo console hoping to play the latest AAA games... it's for first party Nintendo games and that's it...

Last time Nintendo won a generation was the Super Nintendo. The Super Nintendo was also the last time Nintendo had strong 3rd party support. Think about that. A console does not succeed without 3rd parties, period. And while it's true that not many care about ports on Nintendo, that's only because people have come to expect that Nintendo will have no third party support. Think about how successful Nintendo could be if they had lots of 1st and 3rd party games. It'd shake up the console industry.

Also, before anyone brings up how the Wii sold the most of its generation to refute what I just said, come on. The Wii had temporary success with casuals, it was a fad. It faded away and no one gave a shit about it anymore. The Wii lost all support in 2012 and was already dead before then. The PS3 and XBone are still going surprisingly strong. You can't just judge a generation by hardware sales, software sales, active users and life span are equally, if not more important. Once you factor in all that, the Wii was a joke.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

22 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Smash Bros. Nuff said.

You mean Nintendo's response to the fighting genre that preceeded the series by years? Adding a shallow and dumbed down experience to the mix but hold it up with popular characters? 

Way to perfectly sum up the wilful blindness of most Nintendo hardcore enthusiasts. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

You mean Nintendo's response to the fighting genre that preceeded the series by years? Adding a shallow and dumbed down experience to the mix but hold it up with popular characters? 

Way to perfectly sum up the wilful blindness of most Nintendo hardcore enthusiasts. 

ROFL. What a hater.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

What an argument.

????

You wanted me to give a serious response to your non argument that shows you've never even played a smash Bros game and have no idea what it's about? 

I'm confused how someone can feel so much vitriol to something that doesn't affect them in any way. You sound like I'm reading IGN comment section. Show me on this picture where Nintendo touched you? 

25 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Did you seriously call SSB's gameplay shallow? Go watch some competitive Melee or Project M matches, then say that. I'm a "nintendo hater" and even I know SSB is one of the best fighting games of all time. Traditional fighting games actually bore me.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

9 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

????

You wanted me to give a serious response to your non argument that shows you've never even played a smash Bros game and have no idea what it's about? 

I'm confused how someone can feel so much vitriol to something that doesn't affect them in any way. You sound like I'm reading IGN comment section. Show me on this picture where Nintendo touched you? 

This comment is perfect. Thank you.

1 hour ago, 2Buck said:

Did you seriously call SSB's gameplay shallow? Go watch some competitive Melee or Project M matches, then say that. I'm a "nintendo hater" and even I know SSB is one of the best fighting games of all time. Traditional fighting games actually bore me.

What are you talking about? Smash bros is shallow. Any player can do this. 

3 hours ago, ivan134 said:

????

Try something else: the fact I didn't care about it doesn't means I never played it. This is what happens when you construct bullshit in your mind without asking and cannot conceive somebody might have a different fucking subjective taste than you, Mr self proclaimed Nintendo "fan" sounds like you're as blind as a mole when it comes to the subject of your idolization.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, ivan134 said:

What are you talking about? Smash bros is shallow. Any player can do this. 

Competitive smash is just so damn fun to watch. The amount of work and practice that goes into blows my mind. The only way someone could call it "shallow" is if they never played it, or played Brawl. Armada or any other pro Melee player would 10 stock this fool single handedly with a blindfold on.

Also, Smash is the only fighting game I love. I've tried all the traditional fighting games and they just bore me (in comparison). Nothing matches the speed of Melee or PM. In smash you have four directions instead of one, air combat is also lots of fun. In Smash you actually learn by doing, in other games you sit around and memorize move lists. I know so many will disagree with all this, but I don't care, my opinion can't and won't change.

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, watch a Melee combo compilation and compare that to any other game. You'll be quite amazed, I promise.

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Try something else: the fact I didn't care about it doesn't means I never played it. This is what happens when you construct bullshit in your mind without asking and cannot conceive somebody might have a different fucking subjective taste than you, Mr self proclaimed Nintendo "fan" sounds like you're as blind as a mole when it comes to the subject of your idolization.

Nice hole you got there. I see you're digging it even deeper. You've never played it, but it's shallow? ?

3 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Competitive smash is just so damn fun to watch. The amount of work and practice that goes into blows my mind. The only way someone could call it "shallow" is if they never played it, or played Brawl. Armada or any other pro Melee player would 10 stock this fool single handedly with a blindfold on.

Also, Smash is the only fighting game I love. I've tried all the traditional fighting games and they just bore me (in comparison). Nothing matches the speed of Melee or PM. In smash you have four directions instead of one, air combat is also lots of fun. In Smash you actually learn by doing, in other games you sit around and memorize move lists. I know so many will disagree with all this, but I don't care, my opinion can't and won't change.

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, watch a Melee combo compilation and compare that to any other game. You'll be quite amazed, I promise.

Yup. The skill cap in melee is ridiculous. The only reason I don't watch it much anymore is that it always devolves to a space animals battles (though hungry box winning EVO this year with Jigglypuff was a pleasant surprise). Even Armada, who has a ridiculous Peach, has to resort to playing Fox sometimes.

4 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Nice hole you got there. I see you're digging it even deeper. You've never played it, but it's shallow? ?

I said I play it, you even quoted it yourself. Practice reading comprehension when responding to others, cause I'm obviously done here, have a nice year.

-------

Current Rig

-------

11 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Just watch this video and have a seat. :)

Soooooo shallow, I bet you could do that in your sleep! /s

But seriously, this game being shallow or not isn't subjective. It isn't up for debate, it is a tough game. You're allowed to have your opinions (duh) but just know that they're far from right.