fans spining up and down randomly during any amount of load that is not idle

mangeHD
Go to solution Solved by Energycore,

For one, Noctua iPPC 3000RPM are not silent fans.

Most fans don't move at 10% voltage, which is what you have them on most of the time. Go from 0% which is guaranteed stop, to 30% which is guaranteed running. There's also the hysteresis number, that's the number of degrees that speedfan will let the fans go down before adjusting the fan. If you turn it up, the fans will tend to stay at the higher RPM setting for longer.

so i wanted to make my pc sound less like a semi-truck so i went by linus suggestions and i got noctua fans but not any noctua fans i got noctua ippc 3000rpm pwm fans and i can say that for the like 30 seconds i got it to work they are quiet or what you may even consider silent but as my luck is bad first i downloaded ai suite 3 and got blown away by how shit it was so i uninstalled it with a tool i got from asus website but even when putting it right in to the uefi bios of my asus z170-a it did the same thing then i prosseded to flash my mobo to the newest version and guess what.....    that did not work either it still just put the fans to max about every half an hour and not untill i had went through every forum there is i found speedfan and finally it did not put the fans up to max at idle....... but under any kind of load it is a whole other story to be honest it was not as bad as before but now the things went to max every 10 min and stayed there for 30sec-1min but that just pure bullshit because i spent about $140us on buying the fans and i cant even set a fan curve that is not bugged to shit? so for all my fans the curve looks like thisbullshit fan bug.PNG

except for the lower front one that looks like thisbulshit fan glitch 2.PNG

i'll list some specs for you so maybe the ltt community can help me once again

cpu i7 6700k 4.5gh oc with adaptive mode

gpu gtx 970 strix

ram 32 gb corsair lpx 2666mhz

mobo asus Z170-A

psu evga 1000gq 

ssd samsung evo 500gb

cpu cooler : coolermaster hyper 612 ver.2

fans 3x nf-a14 ippc 3000rpm pwm and 1x nf-f12 ippc 3000rpm pwm

p.s. the max speed in % for all the fans are 25%

i would apriciate any help i can get with this as a dont really want to return the fans as i know they are 100% functonal

my gaming and multimedia rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JMxzYr

For one, Noctua iPPC 3000RPM are not silent fans.

Most fans don't move at 10% voltage, which is what you have them on most of the time. Go from 0% which is guaranteed stop, to 30% which is guaranteed running. There's also the hysteresis number, that's the number of degrees that speedfan will let the fans go down before adjusting the fan. If you turn it up, the fans will tend to stay at the higher RPM setting for longer.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

well, first thing you did wrong was getting the noctua 3000 rpm fans expecting silence. You want the nf-a14 pwm fans for silent performance http://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a14-pwm  You don't really need a ton of air pushing through your case, 80% of the cooling battle is just having airflow, ~10% is air flow dynamics, ~9% if you have air directly feeding hot parts, and the last ~1% is how much air you push. But seriously the industrial fans are relatively silent for server type stuff, but loud as hell for regular computer users

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

well i set everything too 30 straight on the cpu fan and then it goes up to 30 on all the others at about 50 degrees and this does not sound to bad im just going to see how it does under load

my gaming and multimedia rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JMxzYr