Asus: AMD entry level Zen motherboard pictured

NumLock21

Nothing to see here.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

I care less about VGA/DVI (people who buy low-end motherboards are more likely to still have one such monitor)

And more about the stupid serial port I'm pretty sure serial port printers are extinct

Not really, we use them for KVM switches at work.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

5 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Not really, we use them for KVM switches at work.

I'll consider myself rekt.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

im guessing serial is for communicating directly with the board as its prob a prototype

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 hours ago, Energycore said:

I care less about VGA/DVI (people who buy low-end motherboards are more likely to still have one such monitor)

And more about the stupid serial port I'm pretty sure serial port printers are extinct

i have two :-P . i just dont have a way to use them, with this it would work :-)

1 hour ago, DELTAprime said:

I really want to see some examples of high end Ryzen boards because if they look like this entry level board then I'll go with Kaby Lake just for the visuals of my build.

Are you referring to color?  If so, they will obviously make better/more colors the higher end you get.  Why would it be different than Intel's boards?

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

I hope the cooler mounting mechanism is the same. I don't wanna buy new water block.

16 minutes ago, RexinOridle said:

I hope the cooler mounting mechanism is the same. I don't wanna buy new water block.

its not quite 

am4_0version3.jpg

what it looks like tho is that the latch system is still the same and most likely still compatible , just the backplate/latch base is new 

am4_0version1.jpg

edit:

from what i have seen all the systems out there and the leaked/show off board all ran w/ the standard amd stock cooker and thus 

shows that the standard latch will be compatible ,

but those who have there own thing and replace the stock system will not fit and need updated plates 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

3 hours ago, ionbasa said:

A lot of industrial equipment still uses serial control too.  

Industrial environments, especially pharmaceutical manufacturing, are like a time machine for otherwise long-obsolete tech.

Windows XP, RS232 and RS485 serial comms, iomega zip drives, and ancient PLC's.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

So Zen will launch between the 10th and 20th of February then.

Memo taken.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

13 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

its not quite 

am4_0version3.jpg

what it looks like tho is that the latch system is still the same and most likely still compatible , just the backplate/latch base is new 

am4_0version1.jpg

edit:

from what i have seen all the systems out there and the leaked/show off board all ran w/ the standard amd stock cooker and thus 

shows that the standard latch will be compatible ,

but those who have there own thing and replace the stock system will not fit and need updated plates 

It's one of those: "Oh shit, it's too late" moment for me then.

2 hours ago, N3v3r3nding_N3wb said:

Are you referring to color?  If so, they will obviously make better/more colors the higher end you get.  Why would it be different than Intel's boards?

So far ever Ryzen board we have seen looks like it's from 10 years ago not a single shrouds or cool looking heatsinks to be seen.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

6 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

Why does it have VGA, DVI, and serial connectors on it?

Proly b/c they still make legacy technology, serial communication is still a must have for many industry items. 

5 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

So far ever Ryzen board we have seen looks like it's from 10 years ago not a single shrouds or cool looking heatsinks to be seen.

MB656AS_116122_800x800.jpg

thats just asus

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

12 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

Isnt budget oriented the whole thing with going AMD? I'd personally rather pay less b/c there isnt a "bling" or "gaming" tax on the product. 

6 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Another AMD socket AM4 motherboard has made its way on to the web. This one is from Asus and the model is the Asus A320M-C. A320 is, AMD's entry level chipset for Zen and it does not support overclocking. From the board itself we can see, there is a physical x16 and dual x1, as well as a legacy PCI. Some mysterious header in front of the 24 pin, IMO a LPT port? Back i/o, some USBs both 2.0 and 3.0. Dedicated PS/2 for both keyboard and mouse. Audio jacks, gigabit lan, video outputs, and a serial or COM port. Next to the HDMI is a empty spot with some solder points. My guess, USB type C for some models. And they're still using the same black/gold color scheme for their low cost boards.

122311guuu7z0xwtle9xux.jpg

122419rezpvfu1sp72f4pk.jpg

122403x43740smc2obtfsc.jpg

122335dttwzspq4mq1xtjk.jpg

http://www.xfastest.com/thread-181559-1-1.html

The "mysterious" header is the front panel stuff.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

9 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

thats just asus

We have seen other Ryzen boards over the months, not just Asus, all super low end BS.

2 minutes ago, Cyborgsmith said:

Isnt budget oriented the whole thing with going AMD? I'd personally rather pay less b/c there isnt a "bling" or "gaming" tax on the product. 

And I'd rather have something that looks cool as well as performing great. If AMD isn't going to offer that I won't be buying.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

Just now, DELTAprime said:

And I'd rather have something that looks cool as well as performing great. If AMD isn't going to offer that I won't be buying.

i fail to see the problem , this and many of the other boards "leaked" so far are entry level boards , budget oriented 

and may i remind you that high end board will be flashy 

IMG_4492.jpg

PSU Tier list

5 hours ago, ionbasa said:

And let's not forget POS (Point of Sales) terminals are basically entry level PCs running *nix. Most barcode scanners are still using serial. Along with thermal printers (receipts), scales (grocery checkout), and the led matrix display that shows the price/item:

PosNation-Products-CustomerDOTMatrix_102

It's not as niche as you may think. Low end boards are used everywhere outside of normal 'home' use.  We just don't get to see them that often because they're out of plain view.

This is pretty silly considering the hype that AMD has generated with Zen beating Intel aaaaaaand it's a grocery scanner. 

I see an NVMe port and an mATX form factor. I'm not planning on an overclock either.

I'll take one.

Ye ole' train

why did they even bother adding that tiny heatsink to that section of the VRM if they don't intend to cover the other section?

Edit: Despite that however, and that its got far fewer features than my old entry level P5K VM, I'd be interested for the PCI slot alone (I have a digital DV tuner card that was exspensive to buy, and is bloody expensive to replace)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

43 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

why did they even bother adding that tiny heatsink to that section of the VRM if they don't intend to cover the other section?

Edit: Despite that however, and that its got far fewer features than my old entry level P5K VM, I'd be interested for the PCI slot alone (I have a digital DV tuner card that was exspensive to buy, and is bloody expensive to replace)

I can see holes just above the BIOS battery and just left of the other VRM heatsink that aren't for mounting the motherboard to the case, so I assume that this is a pre-production model and one of the heatsinks isn't installed yet.

Ye ole' train

heh , gave it a quick google and i can already order the board and an a12-9800 for 199€ 

https://www.csl-computer.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=13001

https://www.csl-computer.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=13030 

neat , guessing that the cpu us about 149€ , the board will then come in at 49€ 

not bad at all 

PSU Tier list