NES Gaming/video editing PC?

So I am thinking of building a gaming and video editing PC.  The only catch is that now, I have an idea of potentially building one in a nintendo entertainment system.  I know that people have done it before, but I don't know if it can be done.  I have been thinking of things to consider, but I don't know if I'm forgetting anything or if I should just scrap this idea for good.

I am getting hardware that I know will be good for video editing and gaming, but I do know some limitations

1: Power: My estimated peak power use is about 330 watts given my components and work load use cases (namely a intel Xeon Haswell and GTX 1060 mini).  No pico PSU can handle that power that I know of.  I would need at least a 500W power supply (I'm giving myself extra headroom for paranoia reasons).  This leads to my second limitation...

2: Size:  I am aware that a full size PSU and a mini ITX motherboard can't fit in an NES together.  I would need to do something also about all the heat generated, going into...

3:  Airflow: There is next to no ventilation in an NES, so modding the case would be needed to be able to put a fan anywhere.  I know if by some act of God I were able to do this, I would have a fan on the bottom of the system blowing into the NES to cool it with a smaller fan on one of the sides to get the heat out.

Again, I know it most likely isn't possible, so I just wanted to get a second opinion from the LTT community.  Maybe this can give @LinusTech or @Slick an idea for a video if they think it could be possible.

It's been done quite a few times, I know a dude that goes to PAX West has brought his a few times  - you can lookup builds online and see how they did venting and stuff 

I'd try and cut slits on the sides and bottom for the PSU fans, and then use those rubber adhesive feet to give it some air.

An SFX power supply may be your best bet. Noctua makes excellent low profile CPU coolers.

You could buy an ASRock Desk mini and chop out the system, but you wouldn't have a graphics card so that is an issue.

A idea I've been kicking around for years is to do a watercooled NES build using a NES shell and a official gpx1500 game storage case.  Basically have just a mini itx motherboard and SSD in the NES shell with the gpx1500 storage case permanently attached as a pedestal containing the pump, reservoir, radiator, SFX PSU, and a GPU on a PCIe riser cable.

Acc-NintendoNES-GPX1500-2__55021.1394693619.300.300.jpg

@johnny5c Holy shit I didn't even think about the gpx1500.  THat could totally help on space a bit.  The only thing is where would it go?  Would you somehow mount it?

1 minute ago, SomeNerdNamedSteve said:

@johnny5c Holy shit I didn't even think about the gpx1500.  THat could totally help on space a bit.  The only thing is where would it go?  Would you somehow mount it?

My plan is to mount the NES case on top of it with the panels cut out between them so it's like one large case.