Windows 10 Testers Now Get "GSOD"

Guest Kloaked
2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

It's not a GIF image.

I know it's not a gif

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Read it.

I did read it and what is your point?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

No I don't need a RRoD in 30fps exclusive UWP mode

That's not what they're trying to do.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Lmao my satirical advertisement was removed, as usual.

Yet BS "tech news" threads stay up. kekekekekk

2 hours ago, Prysin said:

soon we will get bright pink screen too 

might be nice for them to follow your windows colour scheme.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

7 hours ago, huilun02 said:

30fps exclusive UWP mode

There is no 30fps limit on UWP. The actual frame rate is set by the app and can be unlimited.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

14 minutes ago, Prysin said:

yes, until you have a white theme, and get white BG with white text.

well the text would change based on the colour as would the qr code.

10 hours ago, Kloaked said:

I didn't know tech news was taken so seriously as there have been like three threads based on a myth of Russian hacks.

I didn't base them off the fact that I don't believe them(which I don't), I based them off the fact that every major news outlet is covering the topic and they're absolutely tech related. ;) 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just make it black background. It will be bsod too.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

18 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Just make it black background. It will be bsod too.

or brown

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I didn't base them off the fact that I don't believe them(which I don't), I based them off the fact that every major news outlet is covering the topic and they're absolutely tech related. ;) 

There was more than one thread about the same thing, yet I can't make a joke on a tech news thread.

6 hours ago, zMeul said:

how do you get rid of BSODs?

you change the background color xD

genius

Black screen of dead?

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

There was more than one thread about the same thing, yet I can't make a joke on a tech news thread.

Have you ever considered the fact that maybe people just don't like you?

Just now, imreloadin said:

Have you ever considered the fact that maybe people just don't like you?

I can't imagine why people wouldn't like me. I'm very sarcastic and arrogant behind the keyboard just like everyone else is. 

I'm just better at it than the people who don't like me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps those who are confused.

BSOD is now GSOD

In an effort to more easily distinguish Windows Insider reports vs the reports of those on production builds, we’ve updated the bugcheck page (blue screen) to be green. Released versions of Windows 10 will continue to have the classic blue color, including the final release of the Windows 10 Creators Update.

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Essentially Previewers will get GSOD

Official Release will get BSOD.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Microsoft, I won't ever buy any of your product until you fix this glaring problem.

People should be allowed to customize the color of their error screen. #RGBSOD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

That would actually kill my eyes

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

BSOD-> BSOD -> GSOD -> GOD

That's Microsoft's plan against heretics who don't upgrade! 

On a more serious note, I haven't got one since my overclock wasn't stable enough, which tend to differ a lot compared to my monthly BSOD on windows 8.1. I don't know if that's a general trend?

1 hour ago, laminutederire said:

BSOD-> BSOD -> GSOD -> GOD

That's Microsoft's plan against heretics who don't upgrade! 

On a more serious note, I haven't got one since my overclock wasn't stable enough, which tend to differ a lot compared to my monthly BSOD on windows 8.1. I don't know if that's a general trend?

Ha! Checkmate, Atheists!

I got some trouble with last update, KB3206632. I think with the conjunction of nvidia drivers. I don't know if it was gpu clocks or fan curve as I changed multiple things to make it work. Got random reboots when folding.

Also, sad news, no scalebound.

11 hours ago, Energycore said:

Microsoft, I won't ever buy any of your product until you fix this glaring problem.

People should be allowed to customize the color of their error screen. #RGBSOD

It could slowly transition through the RGB colour space :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Pretty stoked about a baked-in f.lux/blue reduction feature.

Especially if it can be configured to automatically suspend when certain programs (games, image editing, etc) are running.  Not sure if there's a way to do it automatically with f.lux (although the "disable for 1 hour" does make for a pretty handy "stop playing games and go the hell to bed" timer)

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.