Difference between Gold, Titanium and Platinium?

PCMR Ricos
Go to solution Solved by PCGuy_5960,

Titanium>Platinum

If it's worth going for is up to you as there is quite a huge price difference when going from a bronze to a Titanium PSU.

The best option is to pick the best PSU for the money that you are willing to spend

Hey guys, I was looking at some power suppies, I know they have different efficiency.

Gold>Silver>Bronze

However which one is better: Titanium or Platinium?

Is it worth it going for the best instead of a bronze?

If not what's the best option when considering buying a power supply?

Titanium>Platinum

If it's worth going for is up to you as there is quite a huge price difference when going from a bronze to a Titanium PSU.

The best option is to pick the best PSU for the money that you are willing to spend

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Titanium>Platinum

Thanks! 

1 minute ago, PCMR Ricos said:

Thanks! 

Np :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

the biggest difference between platinum and titanium is in the <20% usage section, as everywhere else the efficiency percentages are already so stupidly high it honestly doesnt matter anymore, but titanium is the only standard which specifies a minimum efficiency at the very low end of the curve.

while it's easily acceptable that platinum power supplies probably arent per definition bad at such low usage numbers, they dont *have* to be efficient.

so in essence, titanium is a sensible consideration to make if you have a pc that'll spend the majority of its runtime idle. going from 80+ bronze to 80+ titanium in my home server actually halved power usage from the wall, even with the bronze unit being in a much better spot on the curve.