Intel HD 620 or GeForce 940MX

RedLithos

I am looking for an ultrabook, Asus or Dell specifically. I can't decide how much graphics power I need. If I get the GTX 940MX, will there be a large enough performance increase to justify the extra expense over the Intel HD 620? Would it affect battery life noticeably? I don't plan on playing highly demanding games, though I would love it if it ran Civ 6 smoothly.

The 940MX is much more powerful, and imo it would be worth it over the HD 620 graphics if you're even thinking of trying to run a game (I mean, 384 shaders on the 940MX vs. 24..? That's not even fair XD).

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The 940MX is much more powerful, and imo it would be worth it over the HD 620 graphics if you're even thinking of trying to run a game (I mean, 384 shaders on the 940MX vs. 24..? That's not even fair XD).

I doubt the shaders are particularly comparable between Intel and Nvidia graphics...

But your main point is strong, the Nvidia GPU would be WAAY more powerful than the integrated graphics.

Sig under construction.

1 minute ago, Tedster said:

I doubt the shaders are particularly comparable between Intel and Nvidia graphics...

But your main point is strong, the Nvidia GPU would be WAAY more powerful than the integrated graphics.

I guess Intel's shaders may be able to do more work in a single cycle, but it's Kaby Lake's iGPU vs. just over half a 750... I don't think iGPU could have a chance at winning. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

The 940MX is overall more powerfull than the HD Graphics. It wont impact the battery life so much. Don't expect to play Civ 6 on high settings

tmp_27943-Screenshot_2016-12-28-22-47-25-609325073.png

Listen to me very carefully !! :D i got an asus laptop with an 940mx and as i found out it was bios locked to max temperature of 61c!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i wanna suicide cause i wasted like 3 months payments on this thing that doesnt get fps not even on ridiculous games..... be carefull what you choose. Better go for gtx like 950

3 hours ago, ChevChelios said:

Listen to me very carefully !! :D i got an asus laptop with an 940mx and as i found out it was bios locked to max temperature of 61c!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i wanna suicide cause i wasted like 3 months payments on this thing that doesnt get fps not even on ridiculous games..... be carefull what you choose. Better go for gtx like 950

LOL WUT. What laptop is this? 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

22 hours ago, Pendragon said:

LOL WUT. What laptop is this? 

asus x556uq-dm001 thats my model and its terrible!