Tesla Predicts Accident and Gives Warning Before It Happens

vorticalbox
Go to solution Solved by NumLock21,

Watch from beginning to 1:55

17 hours ago, leadeater said:

Snip

I had not heard of such technological development! Cool! Thanks!

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

On 12/29/2016 at 1:45 PM, Wolther said:

It's a big "what if" when looking at that. 

Who knows if it'll ever get to the point of most cars being self-driving, you assume it will be but you don't know that for sure 

It's very likely to happen.  What's the obstacle, exactly?  The big issue is simply making AI and object recognition systems that can account for difficult driving situations, like snow-covered roads.  That's more a question of time than possibility.

My issue right now is simply companies that act as if they have full autonomy already figured out... while conducting limited testing in mostly favorable conditions.  They risk giving self-driving cars a bad name if it turns out they're glitchy or have major shortcomings.

18 minutes ago, Commodus said:

It's very likely to happen.  What's the obstacle, exactly?  The big issue is simply making AI and object recognition systems that can account for difficult driving situations, like snow-covered roads.  That's more a question of time than possibility.

My issue right now is simply companies that act as if they have full autonomy already figured out... while conducting limited testing in mostly favorable conditions.  They risk giving self-driving cars a bad name if it turns out they're glitchy or have major shortcomings.

The problem is also humans we don't trust it. I plane can fly itself from one place to another with no assistance from a human yet people wouldn't get on a plane without a pilot.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 12/28/2016 at 3:06 PM, JoeyDM said:

Honestly? At a certain point we shouldn't be allowed to. I can see it happening in 70 years that you can no longer get a license, and that people who can still drive are those with special permits or people who got grandfathered in by having it before.

Fuck that. 

I will not be such a slave.

and what if there's a scenario where either you die or 10 others.

will the companies and governments really have you prioritized? 

Also in 70 years we should be a god race because of the singularity.

This is a pretty cool tech.

As for self-driving cards in general, my biggest problem with them at the moment is who takes responsibility for when an accident happen. At the moment, it feels like everyone (driver, manufactures and so on) related to accident blame the others and no one takes responsibility for it. This is one thing that needs to be figured out.

Another potential problem that I see is that the manufacturers of self-driving cars will use numbers and statistics to waive their responsibility when it comes to accident. Yes autonomous cards might cause less accidents statistically, but does that give manufacturers a free pass?

There is also a couple of other legal thingies that needs to be solved as well, but those are the biggest ones

I see what it's doing, but I don't see how it wouldn't be giving false positives all the time.

I'd also be curious to know how much power this system uses.