Thinking of buying a new PC case, should I wait until after CES?

calumdonian

Hello all,

I'm currently looking to upgrade to a Corsair 460x RGB case however I'm contious that CES is only a couple weeks away.

Should I buy it now or is there a chance that after CES, prices could drop even slightly with new products released?

I suspect not however thought it wouldn't hurt to ask :)

Thanks, Calumdonian

I don't think u shoul wait cause the price drop (if they even occure) aren't that much.

Cases are really a choice of personal style and use. If you really like the 460x I would go for it, but if that's just your top choice I would wait, there might be a shinyer one then esspecially since CES is I think 6 days away

Ryzen may be launched or release dates confirmed at CES. I think the 7-10 day wait is worthwhile

EDIT- Read over case in your title, still worth it Imo

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Do you need to upgrade to a new case right this very moment? Holding off might be wise, and even if it doesn't bring anything to the table that's worthy to you, the 460x will likely still be available(and perhaps at a lower price). 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, ImperialSteele said:

Cases are really a choice of personal style and use. If you really like the 460x I would go for it, but if that's just your top choice I would wait, there might be a shinyer one then esspecially since CES is I think 6 days away

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Do you need to upgrade to a new case right this very moment? Holding off might be wise, and even if it doesn't bring anything to the table that's worthy to you, the 460x will likely still be available(and perhaps at a lower price). 

Yeh I think I'll probably wait, the 460x is at the upper end of my budget for this upgrade so holding off I guess won't really hurt.