Looking for a new mouse

Timmyfox
Go to solution Solved by Timmyfox,

Hmm, so I disassembled my Naos 5000 and cleaned it out thoroughly, blowing out dust and all that before re-assembling it and it's now been working flawlessly for the entire day.

Regardless I went ahead and ordered myself a black Corsair M65 and an MM200 mousepad to go with it as my current steelseries one has lost its grippyness and is fairly worn out-looking.

I'll report my initial impressions when I get it!

(Thanks for all the suggestions guys!)

The Corsair M65 arrived yesterday! I've downloaded the latest version of their software and flashed the newest firmware version.

So as said, here's my initial impressions:

• It feels really good in the hand! I love how the aluminum skeleton gives it a very nice rigid feel.
  • Nice and and smooth tracking within Windows. With the default setting of 2400 dpi I found it very nice and pleasing to navigate the desktop and just browsing some websites with
  • When I launched up some games (only had time for a 15 min session thus far, but this is just initial impressions) I found that it was really pleasant to use. It felt very smooth in the movement and I found that my aiming was more accurate and consistent, much less "jumpy". I suppose the new MM200 soft mouse pad contributed to this also since I've previously been using a hard pad and always found it very easy to nudge the mouse a little too much causing the cursor to be more shaky when trying to make subtle movements whilst tracking a target. The extra weight of the M65 compared to my old Naos should also factor in. It's sorta heavier but with a good balance that doesn't make it feel heavy compared to the Naos 5000 with all the weights installed not feeling super pleasant due to the way the weight lacks distribution and balance.
  • The scroll wheel requires more force to press than I'm used to, I'm sure I'll get used to it but I feel like it could've been lighter. It also could've been smoother with the actual scrolling. It has a nice feedback when you scroll, but it's not perfectly fixed in the middle so you can sorta move it a few millimeters sideways and rub against the inside of the hole.

Will post more things when I have more comments to post.

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

It's just transmitted over usb. What takes time is the on board storage saving and the ARM chip executing  if the mouse has one onboard. Both my CM Storm Recon and Razer Imperator 2012 take a second or two when updating settings like light adjustment, and turning off lights, etc.

It's just transmitted over usb. What takes time is the on board storage saving and the ARM chip executing  if the mouse has one onboard. Both my CM Storm Recon and Razer Imperator 2012 take a second or two when updating settings like light adjustment, and turning off lights, etc.

The Logitech and Corsair mice I've used transmits immediately with none of that delay.

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders