F7C Hornet Loadout ideas

Java

Hi, I just got started playing Star Citizen and was wondering if there were any builds or loadouts that are recommended for the F7C hornet that can pack a decent punch.  I really have no idea if missles are a good investment or not; etc. 

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

Tempest IIs are good missiles. They come in 8x. Might need a missile rack. It's worth it if you can get pickups in AC. And they give good points atm.

Triple Tarantulas 870 MkIIIs are good. If you can get your hands on the ball turret that's good with badgers.

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

• 4 months later...

I hardly ever use missiles. on my F7CS Ghost I have 3x mantis and a revenant, though if you want to be on the safe side you can put 2x cf227 and replace 2x mantis with those.

@Java

Fast firing weapons - repeaters and gatling guns are the order of the day in the current patch, since because of the current netcode and frame issues, you need lots of saturation to do consistent hits on target. So yeah, when you get enough REC, just get the ball turret mount and I suggest either Panthers+badgers or Mantis+revenant.

If you are using mouse with gimbals, just go full badgers.

When you feel confident enough in your aim, you may try slower rate of fire weapons, such as M-Series. NN-14 neutron guns are not bad either.

As for missiles, they are currently pretty broken and much frowned upon in the higher levels of play. Their use is outright banned in the tournaments we do. That said, if you are a new player, no one will begrudge you augmenting your damage with them - just be prepared to get missiled back... a lot. My suggestion would be to use them, but resist the temptation to spam them and keep on digging with the guns. It will eventually pay off and make you a better pilot. :)

Feel free to drop by our discord https://discordapp.com/invite/0ZFgG6Y9m9xdFg17 if you need any help with flying and loadouts. We do impromptu flight/combat training sessions throughout the week and have regular meetups every Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...