IOS to Android Data/Infomation Transfer.

AlanAlan

I recently switched from a iphone 5s to an galaxy s7. How can i transfer data to my new S7? like photos and contacts?

Samsung has a on board feature to help with that. Did you get a usb adapter? Plug your iphone into the adapter and the S7 should ask to transfer data or something like that

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

Download the Google Drive app from the App store on your iPhone. Launch it, and sign into your Google account (create one if you don't have one). If you already have the app, make sure you update it to the latest version.

1. Tap the hamburger (three horizontal lines) at the top left, and tap Settings in the menu which appears.
  2. Tap on Backup 
  3. Tap each entry in the list to choose options
  4. Tap Start Backup

You will need to plug your phone in so it's charging, and it will also need to be connected to Wi-Fi. As the warning says, the process could take several hours.

Source:

24 minutes ago, Miniman27100 said:

Welcome to the dark side.

https://www.android.com/switch/

24 minutes ago, Marshall212 said:

Samsung has a on board feature to help with that. Did you get a usb adapter? Plug your iphone into the adapter and the S7 should ask to transfer data or something like that

23 minutes ago, Oskar1628 said:

Download the Google Drive app from the App store on your iPhone. Launch it, and sign into your Google account (create one if you don't have one). If you already have the app, make sure you update it to the latest version.

1. Tap the hamburger (three horizontal lines) at the top left, and tap Settings in the menu which appears.
  2. Tap on Backup 
  3. Tap each entry in the list to choose options
  4. Tap Start Backup

You will need to plug your phone in so it's charging, and it will also need to be connected to Wi-Fi. As the warning says, the process could take several hours.

Source:

can i use google photo to backup alll my photos? will it be safe?