The great Android debate. Which phone to upgrade to and why?

LaboonTheWhale

The great Android debate. Which phone to upgrade to and why?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which phone would be a better pick. And please explain why.

• OnePlus 3t
    • Google Pixel / XL
    • Sony Xperia XZ
    • HuaWei Mate 9
    • Something else (write in comments please)

So i need to upgrade my phone as I have an iPhone 6 plus but its running into the infamous bending in the pocket issue. 

I want to move back to the android side of things. 

3T as of right now in the r/android discord is being circlejerked and given to everyone

I myself am ordering one today :) 

Its just the best for the money as of right now

The 3t being basically the pixel except it dosen't have the pure stock, Worse camera,

XperiaXZ still have a snap 820 ew lolo, It has a IPS LCD Display

Mate 9 uses a shit UI and the kirin 960 dosen't support much roms where if you have a snapdragon much easier

Pixel by far. OP3t I've had bad experiences with (their support sucks a huge fat one).

idk

Pixel or Pixel XL if you want much better camera for much higher price.

Otherwise OnePlus 3T.

My experience with OnePlus customer support has been quite good and quick. (was in Feb this year)

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

5 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

LG G4

Removable battery

Active custom ROM development

Thus lasts forever

Nuff said

Frootloops Bootloops, as usual with LG 

idk

Just now, huilun02 said:

Good point

Must be why they are still in the smartphone business

Barely. G4 bootloops, 5x bootloops are so common after Nougat that they literally started refunding people the price of the phone as they ran out of parts. 

Apparently the V20 as well, but I got no idea

idk

• 2 weeks later...

This is late so you probably already got a new phone. Rip.

The thing with phones is that they all have their strong and weak points, so you need to see what factors you value more. 

Example, I bought the htc m9. People hated that phone, but I don't regret it. My primary factors that I care about are battery life, durability, and music features (front facing speakers, good dac, etc), rootability and custom roms. Secondary things like SD card slot, camera, waterproof. Things I don't care about, finger print, 2k screens, camera, dual screens and edges. Looking at my list, it came down to the Sony xperia z5 or the hrc m9, smartphone batteries are all pretty similar, the htc and Sony both had music features I liked, and the htc was well designed and easily rootable. Sony won in the secondary categories, and I would have gotten the z5, but it wasn't sold in the US, so I got the htc m9. So yeah, solid design, average battery life, music needs, and easily got a custom rom installed. Sure, the camera sucked but I don't care. It doesn't have 2k amoled, an edge, or dual screens, or fingerprint scanners, heartbeat sensors. But I don't care about those. And that's why it's a good phone to me, even though many people hated it, htc is still losing customers, but you get the idea. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 10:21 PM, Aytex said:

3T as of right now in the r/android discord is being circlejerked and given to everyone

I myself am ordering one today :) 

Its just the best for the money as of right now

The 3t being basically the pixel except it dosen't have the pure stock, Worse camera,

XperiaXZ still have a snap 820 ew lolo, It has a IPS LCD Display

Mate 9 uses a shit UI and the kirin 960 dosen't support much roms where if you have a snapdragon much easier

"Shit UI" is very subjective. 

Kirin 950/960 have both amazing performance and efficiency though. It matches SD821 performance while using less power. For a lot of people these days custom ROM support isn't a big deal and if that's the case it's an excellent phone for the price. 

"Rawr XD"

5 hours ago, Aniallation said:

"Shit UI" is very subjective. 

Kirin 950/960 have both amazing performance and efficiency though. It matches SD821 performance while using less power. For a lot of people these days custom ROM support isn't a big deal and if that's the case it's an excellent phone for the price. 

Anything from stock skinned is subjective I agree but if you wanted to get away from mi ui kirin isnt the best

I never said the 960 was bad I just said didn't have much rom support